Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

For those of you with ACD pump failures (merged)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So dealer won't cover this if your out of warranty?

Has anyone else got it fixed and have the pump fail again?

People all over the world has this issue, so its definitely not a climate issue. So basically its a issue that the manufacturer needs to fix but they are not going to for free if your not under warranty. This is complete bull****.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:16 PM

I bought the vehicle from a Mitsubishi dealership not far from Cleveland. If need be, I can PM you the exact name and address. I'm no longer covered under the 3/36k warranty yet am in good standing for the 5/60k. However, as many have accurately stated here, the ACD pump is not considered a component under the power train warranty. Like many here, I'm SOL.

Yes, the AWC button does easily toggle amongst the 3 settings, though I've only driven in the TARMAC mode.

As to the lemon law, yes that's an option. However at this point it maybe too inconvenient to use it since I'm 370 miles away from the purchase destination and the car is drivable. Further, lemon laws is applicable when the object don't "meet certain minimum standards of quality whereby the product is fit for use for the purpose intended" and I don't believe the ACD pump can be characterized as such; I'm certain Mitsubishi Corp lawyers will out spend me to arrive at that decision...

After calling Mitsubishi Corp with the latest info, the corporation adamantly, in plain terms, told me go take a long walk off a short pier - at least that was the gist.

Originally Posted by coryl
Where did you buy it from, private or dealership and if dealership which one?
Also is there still warranty? I'm not sure what U.S. Warranty gives but it's 60,000kms or 3 years. You also have 30-90 days under lemon laws if you bought from a dealership is why I ask.
My guess is that the original owner saw the occasional tarmac flash and quickly got rid of the car knowing a big bill was coming soon. Can you change out of tarmac?

Last edited by Howat; Sep 26, 2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:23 PM

After reading through 25 pages of this stuff, the answer is: it depends.

Originally Posted by evohang
So dealer won't cover this if your out of warranty?

Has anyone else got it fixed and have the pump fail again?

People all over the world has this issue, so its definitely not a climate issue. So basically its a issue that the manufacturer needs to fix but they are not going to for free if your not under warranty. This is complete bull****.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 01:13 PM

ODI number obtained, NHTSA submission completed.

Last edited by Howat; Sep 26, 2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 06:11 AM

I have a 09 ralliart currently at the dealer for service light acd pump failure. not covered this is a major problem and needs to be addressed. My friends 10 evo x just had to get a new pump as well. My vehicle 52000 miles on it. Not covered under warranty really!?!!?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 06:15 AM

Just finished NHTSA complaint. Everyone with the problem needs to report it.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=Howat;11308546]Brand, spanking new EVO X owner here.

Yesterday, as I drove back from the one way plane ticket to OH, noticed the blinking TARMAC on the display panel. The EVO is a 2011 MR, less than 22k miles. I assure everyone the weather was not too hot nor too cold. Neither was the climate too wet or dry. Instead, the drive was perfect, coasting around 70 mph the entire time at a mild - near perfect - 70 degrees F.

Like most overly **** enthusiasts, I brought the newly acquired EVO to my local Mitsubishi dealership ASAP, meaning this AM. The blinking tarmac on the display panel did not appear on my drive to the local dealership. The mechanic also did not witness the blinking when he took the EVO around the lot. After the dianostic ports were connected the software did display code 161F. My research indicates to me - from post #198 - it's an indicator the pump WILL eventually take a complete dive; it's only a matter of time.
After absorbing the $116 diagnostic fee, I was told to bring the EVO back if/and when the blinking reoccurs.

Since the EVO will be used by both myself and my wife, she test drove it for the very fist time after I returned from the local dealership. Just my luck, she said, "why is the Tarmac word blinking?"

Gosh, any suggestions or something I've missed will be greatly appreciated it, thanks in advance.

v/r[/QUOTE

Wow..14 model some have prob.my 08 mr 24k on clock.no problem so far.maybe I'm just lucky.my dd for now until I get a beater.lol..gl with your evos
Old Sep 30, 2014, 02:26 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by 09ralliart299
I have a 09 ralliart currently at the dealer for service light acd pump failure. not covered this is a major problem and needs to be addressed. My friends 10 evo x just had to get a new pump as well. My vehicle 52000 miles on it. Not covered under warranty really!?!!?
Mines at 46k right now, good so far *knock on wood*. Not going to lose sleep over it, but I am dreading this.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 03:38 AM

cover all the parts with the exception of the Battery ,tires, AIR CONDITIONER REFRIGERANT
The need to replace the PUMP is cover by Warranty !

Last edited by Tampavw; Oct 2, 2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Tampavw
cover all the parts with the exception of the Battery ,tires, AIR CONDITIONER REFRIGERANT
The need to replace the PUMP is cover by Warranty !
Perhaps you should read the next sentence...
Old Oct 3, 2014, 07:28 PM

looks like I'll be getting the new 2015 soon
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ovedreamer
looks like I'll be getting the new 2015 soon
All this problem so be fixed..my 09 Mr still good.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:17 AM

Redemption!

In a surprising and stunning turn of events, King Mitsubishi (in conjunction with Regional and Corporate Mitsubishi reps) was able to install a new ACD-pump under manufacture warranty. I'm utterly stunned and nearly speechless; finally, I'm able to sleep peacefully and not worry about the incessant blinking of the word "TARMAC."

Thank everyone from the amazingly, supportive, engendering EVO community. Further, thank you all for the kind advice and the superb archives - filled with helpful references and research material rivalling any institution of higher education.

Regards,

- How

Originally Posted by Howat
Brand, spanking new EVO X owner here.

Yesterday, as I drove back from the one way plane ticket to OH, noticed the blinking TARMAC on the display panel. The EVO is a 2011 MR, less than 22k miles. I assure everyone the weather was not too hot nor too cold. Neither was the climate too wet or dry. Instead, the drive was perfect, coasting around 70 mph the entire time at a mild - near perfect - 70 degrees F.

Like most overly **** enthusiasts, I brought the newly acquired EVO to my local Mitsubishi dealership ASAP, meaning this AM. The blinking tarmac on the display panel did not appear on my drive to the local dealership. The mechanic also did not witness the blinking when he took the EVO around the lot. After the dianostic ports were connected the software did display code 161F. My research indicates to me - from post #198 - it's an indicator the pump WILL eventually take a complete dive; it's only a matter of time.
After absorbing the $116 diagnostic fee, I was told to bring the EVO back if/and when the blinking reoccurs.

Since the EVO will be used by both myself and my wife, she test drove it for the very fist time after I returned from the local dealership. Just my luck, she said, "why is the Tarmac word blinking?"

Gosh, any suggestions or something I've missed will be greatly appreciated it, thanks in advance.

v/r
Old Oct 5, 2014, 01:10 PM

Relocated by Chuck in Wisconsin. For those of you who live in the midwest area, this will be your best bet. It is relocated and bled for a fraction of the cost.

Name:  CADA7085-3C98-49FC-881F-DD7CAB2AF4B8.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  73.1 KB

Name:  197381CD-7873-40FD-A9A6-C7C1A556F6E0.jpg
Size:  105.6 KB
Name:  88168313-EFC6-493A-9FB4-6AA4F51D0D09.jpg
Size:  89.8 KB
Name:  B4A8EEF5-4DC4-4CF2-81F8-B9C1CF569534.jpg
Size:  90.3 KB
Name:  80909E96-98DF-40DA-B6FE-FC7EDC686184.jpg
Size:  76.0 KB

Last edited by ignitionr34; Oct 5, 2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Nice! How loud is it?

Quick Reply: For those of you with ACD pump failures (merged)