Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

For those of you with ACD pump failures (merged)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by coryl
I just heard that Mitsubishi has now extended the warranty on pumps to 10year/100,000 miles. I wonder if people are going to get refunds, and what for those who had their pumps rebuilt?

so can we just bring the car in to replace it? I'm not the first owner which I'm sure many are also not the first owner.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weehoo

For those of you with ACD pump failures (merged)-forumrunner_20141222_165153.jpg
Old Dec 22, 2014, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

coral still think the relocation is needed
Old Dec 22, 2014, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jsaviour84
so can we just bring the car in to replace it? I'm not the first owner which I'm sure many are also not the first owner.

It will only be replaced when it dies. This warranty extension includes you as the second owner, so when it fails then it will be covered.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kartyman550
coral still think the relocation is needed

First of all I'm really happy Mitsu finally stepped up to the plate this actually made my day. Really Kartyman, I spent 2 years of my free time trying to help others I didn't need this for me I just didn't want to see others have a huge expense after a few years. In the end I do agree with you on extreme cold temps and OEM ATF my research says it's good until "less than" -40C (but what does that mean being less than -40?)...I've got a bottle of OEM that I'm testing, and tonight it's -6C and it's so far completely liquid...I will keep testing it as the temps drop here because I personally want to know. Problem in this case might be the warranty extension is for "corrosion", and not cold temps, so how will that be decided? Will they say that those who use Redline have damaged their pumps? Will they say that those pumps that have motor failure are exempt? Who knows how this will play out and I'm not even sure Mitsu knows yet. All I know is that today my friend who had his pump die and decided to rebuild it is now getting a brand new pump and he has already relocated that same rebuilt (and still working) pump so obviously placement isn't an issue...he just wanted a brand new one.
Do I still think relocation is needed? Even under the extended warranty many of us have only 4 years left...relocating as I did with Autotorque's kit places all the lines high up above the supports because where they are originally placed is very low under the car...hit something on the road or track and you're not covered under this corrosion warranty and you'll need an insurance claim. Relocating will keep the pump safe from corrosion and damage for life if you can afford it...many can't, so I'm happy with Mitsu's decision to cover pumps for an extended period of time at least for corrosion which is what IMO still causes pump failure in 99% of the time.

Last edited by coryl; Dec 22, 2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thomar

So hard to believe, but so glad too see.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 06:21 AM

That is the truth! Once the warranty for the ACD pump is over at 10yrs/100K, the SAME problem will persist, therefore forcing owners - many of them on this forum - to seriously consider the relocation option, once again.

Originally Posted by coryl
First of all I'm really happy Mitsu finally stepped up to the plate this actually made my day. Really Kartyman, I spent 2 years of my free time trying to help others I didn't need this for me I just didn't want to see others have a huge expense after a few years. In the end I do agree with you on extreme cold temps and OEM ATF my research says it's good until "less than" -40C (but what does that mean being less than -40?)...I've got a bottle of OEM that I'm testing, and tonight it's -6C and it's so far completely liquid...I will keep testing it as the temps drop here because I personally want to know. Problem in this case might be the warranty extension is for "corrosion", and not cold temps, so how will that be decided? Will they say that those who use Redline have damaged their pumps? Will they say that those pumps that have motor failure are exempt? Who knows how this will play out and I'm not even sure Mitsu knows yet. All I know is that today my friend who had his pump die and decided to rebuild it is now getting a brand new pump and he has already relocated that same rebuilt (and still working) pump so obviously placement isn't an issue...he just wanted a brand new one.
Do I still think relocation is needed? Even under the extended warranty many of us have only 4 years left...relocating as I did with Autotorque's kit places all the lines high up above the supports because where they are originally placed is very low under the car...hit something on the road or track and you're not covered under this corrosion warranty and you'll need an insurance claim. Relocating will keep the pump safe from corrosion and damage for life if you can afford it...many can't, so I'm happy with Mitsu's decision to cover pumps for an extended period of time at least for corrosion which is what IMO still causes pump failure in 99% of the time.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sawdust
This was just confirmed by my dealer's service manager after I sent him the pic from the other thread. I'll probably still relocate the pump this Spring though since I already bought the kit...

You have the best kit to make sure your pump is totally good for life I made sure that was so regardless if it's protecting it from corrosion or any insurance damage for an expensive pump...nothing goes on my cars but perfection. You definitely should still relocate and the sooner the better. I've sent you details/tips but if you need more info let me know.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Took my car into the dealership today and asked about the TSB. So how much would they normally charge just to inspect the pump the make sure it is actually the problem? & would the labor costs would be covered if they replace the pump?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Can we assume Canadians get 10yrs/160K kms too?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 03:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 416_EVO
Can we assume Canadians get 10yrs/160K kms too?
Yes, its 10 yrs/160kms for Canadians.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Canadian Evo Only Get 5-3-5 Warranty

copied from their site:

5-3-5 WARRANTY

At Mitsubishi Motors, we are so confident in the quality, reliability and durability of our vehicles that we back them* with some of the most comprehensive warranties available.

5-year/100,000 km Powertrain Limited Warranty
3-year/60,000 km New Vehicle Limited Warranty
5-year/Unlimited km Roadside Assistance*

* Warranty coverage applies to new owners of new vehicles from late Model Year 2004 and later. Mitsubishi Motors 10/5/5 warranty is not available on the Lancer Evolution, the 2009 and later Lancer Ralliart and 2009 and later Lancer Sportback Ralliart. For specific warranty information on the Lancer Evolution, the 2009 and later Lancer Ralliart and 2009 and later Lancer Sportback Ralliart, please Click Here.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The TSB attached to the other thread clearly shows 10 yrs/160,000 km for Canada. The TSB is probably more current than the website.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...455512795.jpeg
Old Dec 30, 2014, 02:28 PM

This is the greatest news i've heard all year lol!!!!!! i've been putting off replacing it since June and just this morning I found a place that would do the ACD repair and ordered a repair kit hahaha. I just cancelled that order, called Mitsu and they are ordering the part in for me!! Can't even tell you guys how happy this makes me lol.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by almost2009
Took my car into the dealership today and asked about the TSB. So how much would they normally charge just to inspect the pump the make sure it is actually the problem? & would the labor costs would be covered if they replace the pump?

The pump is covered for labor to replace it under the new warranty. Why are you wanting them to inspect the pump? What seems to be the problem?

Quick Reply: For those of you with ACD pump failures (merged)