Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

For those of you with ACD pump failures (merged)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basically just putting in the technical case that everything looks fine and the ECU was not touched.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by chundizzy
Basically just putting in the technical case that everything looks fine and the ECU was not touched.
So the dealership doesn't take pictures or anything? The technical case is just the word of the dealership?

I really doubt the service manager here in Buffalo will go to bat for me like that.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 08:54 AM

2011 RA Pump Failure

Hey all, not sure how important it is to post this here now that Mitsubishi has finally extended the pump warranty to 10 years. Thanks to everyone who pushed them to make this happen! The Mitsubishi community is one of the many reasons I chose to buy my Ralliart.. you guys ROCK!

Car Info: 2011 Ralliart, bought used from local dealership with 62,000 kms and clean service record (no issues, all scheduled work performed). Owned for 4 months with no issues, daily driven 50-100 kms a day in BC, Canada.

Had the "4WD System Service Required" message come up this morning as I was leaving for work, decided I better not risk any highway driving until I figured out what the issue is.

Did some reading on these forums while I waited for my mitsu dealer's service dept to open. Mostly trying to determine if it's safe to drive until it gets fixed, which from all the posts I've read about the issue it seems to be ok to drive like this for a short while.

Anyways, just talked to my dealer and they are going to diagnose on saturday and do any repairs for free under warranty at a later date (have to order parts and all that).

Got extended warranty on my car anyways, but good to know this problem is covered even past that. Living in canada where the weather is cold and we salt our roads, I'm sure I may run into this problem again in the future. That is if I don't go crazy and get a custom housing built for the damn thing
Old Apr 1, 2015, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChipperEvo
So the dealership doesn't take pictures or anything? The technical case is just the word of the dealership?

I really doubt the service manager here in Buffalo will go to bat for me like that.
This might be worth a $100 bill hand shake with the service advisor, and tell him it's a stock ecu . lol
Old Apr 1, 2015, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by E46HamannM3
This might be worth a $100 bill hand shake with the service advisor, and tell him it's a stock ecu . lol
Only if it were that easy. When I took my car in for some codes for cam sensors he basically said it was my tune and needed a new ECU . Searched the forums myself and saw that there was a TSB out for reprogramming for those errors. no codes since then. basically the service managers attitude was, "oh its modded? you're SOL"
Old Apr 25, 2015, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Recent update: My son went to this dealer for an oil change. The dealer has a new service manager. Apparently, the old service manager had so many complaints against him that he was fired. The new service manager said that the pump should have been covered under warranty. So the good news is that we will get a full refund plus money spent at a shop to have the pump installed. My faith in humanity and Mitsubishi has been restored.

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
I have included both the dealer work order which mentions the denial of coverage by Mitsubishi as well as Mitsubishis take on warranty coverage. The dealer made it clear they were sympathetic, but that their hands were tied by Mitsubishi. Not sure how people are getting the pump replaced with a modified engine that has a tune on it.

Old Jun 9, 2015, 02:59 PM

missing part of my ACD solenoid.. am I screwed?

so my ACD solenoid broke off... which from reading this is pretty common. http://www.evolution-hydraulics.com/ has a replacement neck for these but they need me to have the piston cylinder inside... and its gone.

Does anybody know where to get just that part or an aftermarket solenoid without buying the whole pump? Thanks guys. I've been trying to read up on this lately so I might actually be able to answer other random ACD questions but if i'm not sure then I'll say so. Thanks for looking!
Old Jun 21, 2015, 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wade.Eldridge
so my ACD solenoid broke off... which from reading this is pretty common. http://www.evolution-hydraulics.com/ has a replacement neck for these but they need me to have the piston cylinder inside... and its gone.

Does anybody know where to get just that part or an aftermarket solenoid without buying the whole pump? Thanks guys. I've been trying to read up on this lately so I might actually be able to answer other random ACD questions but if i'm not sure then I'll say so. Thanks for looking!

You can buy new solenoid online but I'd go to your friendliest dealership (or if you have a friend there) and offer a few $'s for a solenoid (depending on your friendship they may just give it to you). Many pumps fail and they're just sitting on the shelf waiting to go to scrap and the solenoids might still be good.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 06:00 PM

Bumping an old thread. I got my ACD pump replaced a couple months ago. The car had about 70k miles on it when it went out. I live in Ohio and we have salt on the roads in the winter but the car is garaged all winter and I drive my truck. The car came from Colorado and drove around there year round for the first 3 years of its life (2008 GSR).

Got the pump replaced a couple months ago and all was fine until a few weeks ago. When I would stop at a light or parking space or home something in the rear of the car makes a rather loud...for lack of better terms..."GRUNT GRUNT" noise.

Fast forward to today. I was driving down the road and hit full throttle in second an third gear. After that I let off the throttle and the "SERVICE REQUIRED" light came on and the ACD system went off.

No idea what the problem could be and looking for help!!!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 09:01 AM

We have only replaced one here in the last 5 yrs. Mitsu does not currently have any recall in its future that Im aware of and I just called my service and parts rep to ask before this post.

Albert
Daytona Mitsubishi
Parts Manager
Old Aug 21, 2015, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vbturbo2
We have only replaced one here in the last 5 yrs. Mitsu does not currently have any recall in its future that Im aware of and I just called my service and parts rep to ask before this post.

Albert
Daytona Mitsubishi
Parts Manager
I'm sure pump failures are more rare at Daytona Beach than in the rust belt.

My local dealership has replaced countless pumps.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 02:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just had my pump replaced under warranty. The Cherry Hill Mitsubishi dealer is mod friendly and made sure that I was covered without any issues
Old Sep 3, 2015, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

I am torn here...I purchased the relocation kit for my pump but debating whether or not I should move my pump now or wait for it to fail, hopefully get it covered under warranty and put the new pump in the trunk.

When I was in the get the recall done for the heater pump, the service guy said they will cover it under warranty even with mods but I was told something different from the service manager before...

My pump has been through 1 Buffalo winter/salt. If the pump is working fine right now, should I just move it?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 08:16 AM

I would not move the pump and expect it to be covered under warranty. My Mitsubishi rep told us last year to warranty evo's we had to take pictures of all aftermarket parts or modifications to the vehicle first. We have not been declined to do any warranty repairs yet but just saying it could happen.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 04:22 PM

10 Year 100,000 mile Warranty

Bought my 2010 Evo SE used and the Service light came on for the All Wheel Drive System. Called my dealership and they tried telling me it isn't covered under warranty. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. Make them do more digging as he called me back a few hours later and told me it is now under an extended warranty.

Quick Reply: For those of you with ACD pump failures (merged)