Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

For those of you with ACD pump failures (merged)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by icole
My pump failed. I refilled it and it dumped all of the fluid on my driveway I was told by shep trans if I drive with a bad pump my center diff clutch pack will get fried and the car will be Front wheel drive. Is this true? The part is so expensive too (I forgot I have 82,000 miles on the car.)
I dont believe that is true at all hahahaha mine went out and I recently drove my evo in the snow. Same as before
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by icole
My pump failed. I refilled it and it dumped all of the fluid on my driveway I was told by shep trans if I drive with a bad pump my center diff clutch pack will get fried and the car will be Front wheel drive. Is this true? The part is so expensive too (I forgot I have 82,000 miles on the car.)
If your pump is dead then the clutch actuator wont have pressure and your diff won't be able to lock up any more. You will essentially have an open diff (which is lame but you can still drive it). I'm not sure how this would damage the clutches. If anything it would probably preserve the clutches since they can't be used lol.