Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Experiences with leasing?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2013, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also they will cut your lease short i guess too. He said on a 24 month lease come back after 19 months and we can talk new deals. But that might just be my dealership. You should look into that
Old Jun 22, 2013, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robertblaze
Hey guys,

I am from Michigan. Just signed up here and am considering getting an EVO MR. I am mainly considering a lease option at the moment. To anyone that has leased or is currently leasing this car, how have your experiences been with leasing? Is your insurance expensive? Thank you.
I would be a leasing expert ... any other questions or if you need clarity just ask...
Old Jun 22, 2013, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gh0stStatus
Your best source of knowledge for these types of questions would be the insurance company, not an automotive forum.

When I talked to my company (Allstate) they informed me it doesn't matter if it is a lease or a purchase.

I did not ask about deductibles as I always keep mine at $500/$100 so I can't say if you could carry a higher one.

MMCA or Ally ( the companies mitsubishi does their leases through require 100/300/100 coverages with no more than a $500 deductable
Old Jun 22, 2013, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robertblaze
I think I should be alright credit wise last time I checked my FICO was over 760. I do not drive many miles, less than 12k a year for sure. How picky is the dealership about the condition that the car is returned in? Has anyone been charged for things that they found to be unsatisfactory?
Nothing to do with the de4alership mitsubishi has private inspectors. scratches longer tha 6-8 inch's dents over the size of a golf ball, and tires have to have no less than 4-6/32 of tread.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by myred3kgt
mmca or ally ( the companies mitsubishi does their leases through require 100/300/100 coverages with no more than a $500 deductable
mmca
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Arsenal4Life
Also they will cut your lease short i guess too. He said on a 24 month lease come back after 19 months and we can talk new deals. But that might just be my dealership. You should look into that
Thanks for all of the information. I am thinking leasing is a good option for me based on the information from this thread.

Originally Posted by myred3kgt
Nothing to do with the de4alership mitsubishi has private inspectors. scratches longer tha 6-8 inch's dents over the size of a golf ball, and tires have to have no less than 4-6/32 of tread.
So who do I return the car to? Mitsubishi or the dealership where I got it from? Do you know what happens if I lease a car out of state?

Originally Posted by PaulyX
I have my 2013 evo gsr leased and its awesome. A smidge over 300 bucks including insurance to keep it rolling onthe streets and I have the buy option so I'm keeping it
Not sure how much you put down but that seems like a damn good deal.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:20 AM

I would never lease theses cars IMO.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by GotEvo9
I would never lease theses cars IMO.
Okay, but why? Keep in mind that I am not trying to turn this into a lease vs buy debate, but rather get experiences others have had leasing these vehicles, good or bad.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tellme718
You should do your research before misinforming people about leasing. If people didnt come out on top after a lease then nobody would be doing it anymore and it wouldnt exist.
You have waaay too much faith in the rationality of humans. Let me give you the single, best counter to your argument: lotteries are more popular than ever.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Let me just make it clear that short term leasing is cheaper, long term you lose money if you end up buying the car. The benefit of leasing these cars is to one have the ability to thrash the hell out of it and not worry, be able to give it back and get into a new car when you are ready. On the other hand, you are essentially renting the car, so you wont see and returns in cash because you cant sell it when you are done with it. With leasing you have options, and less commitment. You dont have to go through the hassle of selling it, and you dont have to deal with all the drama of owning a car. Both have their ups and downs. If you can afford a car like an evo, money shouldnt be an issue, so leasing can be very appealing. I like having options personally
Old Jun 22, 2013, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Also on the commitment subject, the main point is the contract. Getting out of a lengthy contract can be difficult, i dealt with that with my civic
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
You have waaay too much faith in the rationality of humans. Let me give you the single, best counter to your argument: lotteries are more popular than ever.

People win the lottery.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP myred3kgt knows his stuff. If you have any questions about any type of purchase or lease he is the one to talk to. I can vouch for him.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:57 AM

Okay, guys, this is not cool at all. I goto lease an EVO from California and apparently the tax laws are different by state. In Michigan, I have to pay tax upfront on the full value of the car even though I am just leasing it. Does anyone have any experience with this? This does not seem fair at all.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

That sounds insane

Quick Reply: Experiences with leasing?