Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Experiences with leasing?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my lease was 4k down at 400 a month for 24 on my gsr. But my residual is only 26k. Dont forget if.ur buying it out at the end to talk the dealership down on the residual.. use the fact that ur helping them move product, mitsu is hurting in north america ect. Im gonna aim for 24k on the low side.. and i see gsrs going for 28k with aroubd 25k miles so yeah
Old Jan 17, 2014, 04:40 PM

Mitsu has very good lease options for the Evo and it's a pretty good option since the car retains a high value. However everyone's options and preferences are different.
Mitsu sees its resale value for Evo highest at 3 years, so 3 year lease is best.
You can still negotiate the cars actual price, and never put down more then needed. (tags, registration, so on)
I'm at a fair monthly payment, 15k miles a year, and end of lease cost is nice and low.
And yes leased insurance needs a higher coverage, not on the car itself but usually higher bodily injury, but that varies by state so speak with your insurance agent.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Good Luck...

Last edited by gr8dc2b; Jan 17, 2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arsenal4Life
Well my lease was 4k down at 400 a month for 24 on my gsr. But my residual is only 26k. Dont forget if.ur buying it out at the end to talk the dealership down on the residual.. use the fact that ur helping them move product, mitsu is hurting in north america ect. Im gonna aim for 24k on the low side.. and i see gsrs going for 28k with aroubd 25k miles so yeah
Residual values aren't typically negotiable. When you sign a lease you agree that you plan to drive X miles over Y years. Based on those figures the residual is calculated. That's decided by the manufacturer; not the customer or the dealer.

You can however "residual," certain dealer installed options. Basically if you add $500 to the price of the car by adding something, you can sometimes increase the residual value by $500. It essentially makes the item free on your lease.

Originally Posted by gr8dc2b
Please tell me that you are talking to Sam at South Coast to help you...if you are talking to Sam, then you should have an easy time...
The OP lives in Michigan, buy the time he/she pays all of the things like $795 destination, and roughly $800 documenting fee, other non-advertised fees, adding back discounts that he/she doesn't qualify for, and shipping or transporting it back home it's not that good of a deal.

People see South Coast's prices and freak the hell out. In reality if you know what you're looking at, it's only a good deal if you live with in reasonable driving distance. There's a reason there have been numerous complaints on this forum about SC Mitsu, and it's all from out of state buyers.

Last edited by TrogdorWBL; Jan 17, 2014 at 08:58 PM.