Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Trade my STI for EVO X?!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
I'd be making 450 on e85. Remember I'm gonna be in an X very soon so I'm a fan. But the engine is not as good. Laughing out loud to click on our dyno section, I think one of the first is a 900hp build. And we have stronger blocks and you know that.
Then prove it. Find me proof, actual proof, that the 4G63 is stronger. Not this subjective "after 20 years, people are building high HP 4G63 that contain little to no stock parts" argument. I don't even see how this is relevant to the OP. I doubt he's going to be building some 1000 HP monster anyways.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1flysti
Jesus. Is this still my thread or am I lost? And I'm just bored with the sti. The evo seems like the only logical switch.
OK, why are you bored with it? I don't know US geography that well but I thought Tennessee was a southern state. Have you considered a RWD car?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 04:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Jesus. Is this still my thread or am I lost? And I'm just bored with the sti. The evo seems like the only logical switch.

I just had a good chuckle reading your comment above. If it's possible, you may want to test drive one (EVO X) and see if you REALLY like it, more so than your STI that you currently have.

In my opinion, any type of trading (unless you are a good hackler), is a lose-lose situation financially. For example- I traded my BMW 335xi 2008 for Evo X 2013, ironically I didn't even test drive the Evo X before I drove it off the lot. Again financially it wasn't a good trade, but I wanted Evo X.

Other than the initial buyer's remorse, Evo X is a blast to drive, I just have to get used to all the rattling in the car!

I am sure you are aware, but be patience in your research (used car especially), impulsive purchase can be costly, trust me I know!

Good luck to your endeavor!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Then prove it. Find me proof, actual proof, that the 4G63 is stronger. Not this subjective "after 20 years, people are building high HP 4G63 that contain little to no stock parts" argument. I don't even see how this is relevant to the OP. I doubt he's going to be building some 1000 HP monster anyways.
the full cast iron black is much stronger than the 4b11t and you just cant accept it. Im LEAVING the VIII for an X and i can still admit the 4G63 is stronger. "little to no stock parts" theres people doing that with the X that cant come up with the numbers the 4g has made. your forgetting the 4g63 is what has ALWAYS made the evo. the 4b11 is dead after 2014. that says enough for me...go look at the "my engine blew" thread in the x section of evoxforums.com its a horror site. the x is a bomb platform, but the engine is a downgrade from the older one plain and simple.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

the full cast iron black is much stronger than the 4b11t and you just cant accept it. Im LEAVING the VIII for an X and i can still admit the 4G63 is stronger. "little to no stock parts" theres people doing that with the X that cant come up with the numbers the 4g has made. your forgetting the 4g63 is what has ALWAYS made the evo. the 4b11 is dead after 2014. that says enough for me...go look at the "my engine blew" thread in the x section of evoxforums.com its a horror site. the x is a bomb platform, but the engine is a downgrade from the older one plain and simple.
That's not proof. The 4G63 is also a 20 year old engine. Your argument is flawed for the same reason that many anti-evolution arguments are flawed; it assumes that things will remain static. While yes, no one has hit the same maximum numbers on a 4B11T that people have hit with the 4G63 at this point in time, that doesn't mean they won't. It took how many years for shops like AMS and Buschur to hit those big numbers? The Evo is being retired for a variety of reasons, not just the engine. All you have is speculative evidence, nothing more.

Again, I don't see why this is relevant for this thread, or useful to the OP. He isn't building a big HP car so the extra comfort, and bang for buckness of the Evo X makes it a more logical choice than an older, 4G63 based Evo.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

That's not proof. The 4G63 is also a 20 year old engine. Your argument is flawed for the same reason that many anti-evolution arguments are flawed; it assumes that things will remain static. While yes, no one has hit the same maximum numbers on a 4B11T that people have hit with the 4G63 at this point in time, that doesn't mean they won't. It took how many years for shops like AMS and Buschur to hit those big numbers? The Evo is being retired for a variety of reasons, not just the engine. All you have is speculative evidence, nothing more.

Again, I don't see why this is relevant for this thread, or useful to the OP. He isn't building a big HP car so the extra comfort, and bang for buckness of the Evo X makes it a more logical choice than an older, 4G63 based Evo.
My proof is visual proof. You put an older gen up against an X and more often than not that older gen will win. Don't get me wrong iWANT the 4b11 to outshine the 4g63 its just not there, maybe one day.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Visual proof of what? How are you comparing them? You haven't proven anything, you're making speculative claims.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Visual proof of what? How are you comparing them? You haven't proven anything, you're making speculative claims.
Speculative claim? That's like saying if I see someone with a broken leg I'm just speculating there leg is broken. The evo 8 is better in the 1/4 mike. The evo makes higher numbers you can, once again look around on dyno sections and at the strip its obvious the evo 8 makes more power, your counter claim is the 4g63 is over 20 years old....sure, but that doesn't change that its still making better numbers. Your defending the X because you own one but are just being partial.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Speculative claim? That's like saying if I see someone with a broken leg I'm just speculating there leg is broken. The evo 8 is better in the 1/4 mike. The evo makes higher numbers you can, once again look around on dyno sections and at the strip its obvious the evo 8 makes more power, your counter claim is the 4g63 is over 20 years old....sure, but that doesn't change that its still making better numbers. Your defending the X because you own one but are just being partial.
You're claims are speculative. You make vague references to visual proof, and talk about putting the older gen against the X, yet you don't indicate at all what that means. Are you talking 1/4 mile? Time Attack? Autocross? Street driving? You completely missed what I said about your higher power number assertions, no doubt because the logic went over your head, and you missed the fact I don't drive an X.

Again, how is any of this relevant to the OP? You're just here trying to defend the car you own against attacks that aren't even being made.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
For all I know, at this point, the OP is a Scooby troll and he or she has succeeded in doing exactly as planned ... get us to argue about apples and grapefruit.

Squirrel!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

It's kind of funny really. OP starts a thread asking if he should replace his Subaru with a Mitsubishi, and and older Evo guy shows up to defend his car against the newer Evo.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 07:15 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
For all I know, at this point, the OP is a Scooby troll and he or she has succeeded in doing exactly as planned ... get us to argue about apples and grapefruit.

Squirrel!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 07:17 PM

Next step is to actually test drive one of course. I'm no troll. Just seeking facts. And I considered rwd but I like awd better.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

I'm curious, I presume you don't get snow in Tennessee so why the love for AWD?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm no troll.
I can't help but mention that both non-trolls and trolls say that, so it rarely decides the matter. At least, I've never seen someone say "I was thinking that he was a troll, but then he said 'I'm no troll' and that told me he wasn't."

With that said, I apologize for the implication. It was meant as a snide comment at those who are arguing about 8s, 9s, and Xs.

And why do I keep mixing Arabic and Roman numerals? I'm not the only one who does this, too. Look at the names for the sub-forums on this site. Can we argue about this, instead?

Quick Reply: Trade my STI for EVO X?!