Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Trade my STI for EVO X?!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
You're claims are speculative. You make vague references to visual proof, and talk about putting the older gen against the X, yet you don't indicate at all what that means. Are you talking 1/4 mile? Time Attack? Autocross? Street driving? You completely missed what I said about your higher power number assertions, no doubt because the logic went over your head, and you missed the fact I don't drive an X.

Again, how is any of this relevant to the OP? You're just here trying to defend the car you own against attacks that aren't even being made.
It's kind of funny really. OP starts a thread asking if he should replace his Subaru with a Mitsubishi, and and older Evo guy shows up to defend his car against the newer Evo.
When someone makes a dumb comment that the evo 8 has a "trash awd system" and how only a 2010 evo x or gtr is a "real tuner car" yeah I'm gonna denied it as would and ct9a owner. The 8/9 is better in drag and obviously time attack, except for the ams evo x which is doing amazing, but as a whole the evo VIII dominates time attack against other cars who put just as much money into themselves. To the OP, get an X you won't regret it. It's the best daily/performance car you can prob buy.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
When someone makes a dumb comment that the evo 8 has a "trash awd system" and how only a 2010 evo x or gtr is a "real tuner car" yeah I'm gonna denied it as would and ct9a owner. The 8/9 is better in drag and obviously time attack, except for the ams evo x which is doing amazing, but as a whole the evo VIII dominates time attack against other cars who put just as much money into themselves. To the OP, get an X you won't regret it. It's the best daily/performance car you can prob buy.
Prove what you've just said. You haven't backed up anything with real proof, just more speculation.

Again, how is this at all relevant to the OP? You took one little comment and ran with it for pages because someone dared to "insult" the almighty Evo 8.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:17 PM

Lmao mod for mod until maybe 400hp. You can't find big power X like you can 8/9 just be real. The highest hp 8/9 is far beyond e highest hp X and let's not even talk best 1/4 miles cause that's a KILL for the 8/9. The 4b11 does NOt take the same abuse that the 4g63 does.
Nope, Evo x's can make just as much power as evo 8's. And the evo x looks better doing it.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:21 PM

Prove what you've just said. You haven't backed up anything with real proof, just more speculation.

Again, how is this at all relevant to the OP? You took one little comment and ran with it for pages because someone dared to "insult" the almighty Evo 8.

I was thinking the same thing. Viegasjuice gets sensitive when we speak the truth about his 2005 evo 8.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Prove what? What is there to prove? That the 4g63 is more stout? Please
Originally Posted by pcfreakguy
Nope, Evo x's can make just as much power as evo 8's. And the evo x looks better doing it.
find me ONE x that's over 900hp and ONE that's in the 8's I will wait. Then tell me I'm speculating.

Originally Posted by pcfreakguy
I was thinking the same thing. Viegasjuice gets sensitive when we speak the truth about his 2005 evo 8.
Again with you and your real tuner car.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

This is the best your almighty X can do guys?

And I'm just speculating? Here JUST a few

There you go, now I'm not just "speculating" anymore go ahead and give me are sponge as to how the 4b11 is Better so I can laugh. MAN, the evo X is a whole 40 mph slower in the Texas mile and over a second slower in the 1/4 and there's only 1 that I know of that makes 900hp.... Must be FAR superior to this OLD 4g63. Lmao

Last edited by Viegasjuice; Oct 28, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

find me ONE x that's over 900hp and ONE that's in the 8's I will wait. Then tell me I'm speculating.

Again with you and your real tuner car.
You're speculating. You make wild assertions about Evo 8s being better Time Attack cars, or better drag cars, or just having a better engine, yet you don't provide anything to back it up, and now you're trying to put the onus on other people to essentially disprove your own damn assertions. That's not how debates work. You've proven nothing. Moreover, your fundamental argument is deeply flawed. Your argument is simply this

"Because currently there are more examples of Evo 8s making big power than Evo Xs making big power (big power being a number you've arbitrarily picked), the Evo 8 is a better car."

What you're dutifully ignoring is the fact that the Evo 8 itself has been around substantially longer than the Evo X, shops that were big in the Evo scene and made those big numbers have since moved on (like AMS), and the Evo 8 used an engine that was nearly 2 decades old when it was retired. By your logic, any car that has some examples making more power than the Evo 8 are superior cars.

Seriously, this **** is getting old. I feel bad for the OP because this crap is so far off-topic. It has nothing to do with his original question and is just BS ego stroking.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

You're speculating. You make wild assertions about Evo 8s being better Time Attack cars, or better drag cars, or just having a better engine, yet you don't provide anything to back it up, and now you're trying to put the onus on other people to essentially disprove your own damn assertions. That's not how debates work. You've proven nothing. Moreover, your fundamental argument is deeply flawed. Your argument is simply this

"Because currently there are more examples of Evo 8s making big power than Evo Xs making big power (big power being a number you've arbitrarily picked), the Evo 8 is a better car."

What you're dutifully ignoring is the fact that the Evo 8 itself has been around substantially longer than the Evo X, shops that were big in the Evo scene and made those big numbers have since moved on (like AMS), and the Evo 8 used an engine that was nearly 2 decades old when it was retired. By your logic, any car that has some examples making more power than the Evo 8 are superior cars.

Seriously, this **** is getting old. I feel bad for the OP because this crap is so far off-topic. It has nothing to do with his original question and is just BS ego stroking.
Iust posted examples big boy. Take the cold facts. According to your logic, since they had forever understanding the 4g63 they shoulda known how to make something that was better and they could continue improving....instead all you hear about it the 4b11 blowing up at a scary rate. And he's, there's DEF better engines than the 4g63, he'll Hondas k20 is better, just not the 4b11. DEAL with it. And why the hell do I have to explain about time attack, your on an evo forum and don't already know what the evo VIII has done in time attack? Your just playing dumb
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

actually only 20mph .
Most of these are Not Shop car own thats why they are not super duper Built like the evo 8 or 9 .

Heres ams built and i bet it will wreck 90% of the evo 9's
but now this is a Shops car! 2600pounds and 900+ whp
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/2...-ams-ta-x.html
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

I'm doe after this. Here's an entire thread on an X forum and even the guys there know the 4g is better....

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...t=66919&page=2
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jwongx27
Kozmic Motorsports Tuned Evo X MR Texas Mile Top Speed Record: 200mph - YouTube

actually only 20mph .
Most of these are Not Shop car own thats why they are not super duper Built like the evo 8 or 9 .

Heres ams built and i bet it will wreck 90% of the evo 9's
but now this is a Shops car! 2600pounds and 900+ whp
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/2...-ams-ta-x.html

This I can work with. Btw that Texas mike wasn't the fastest an 8 has done, its just one of. And that's a great build, sure, but how many legend ct9a chassis time attack cars are there? That's right a bunch cyber evo/sierra sierra evo/hks evo only to name a few. And I mentioned a whole lot earlier how the evo X was gaining ground and will take over in time attack as it is a better chassis. You see, I can admit where the X is better..but you guys can't give credit where its behind.

Last edited by Viegasjuice; Oct 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Iust posted examples big boy. Take the cold facts. According to your logic, since they had forever understanding the 4g63 they shoulda known how to make something that was better and they could continue improving....instead all you hear about it the 4b11 blowing up at a scary rate. And he's, there's DEF better engines than the 4g63, he'll Hondas k20 is better, just not the 4b11. DEAL with it. And why the hell do I have to explain about time attack, your on an evo forum and don't already know what the evo VIII has done in time attack? Your just playing dumb
All you've done in this thread is move your target. You first asserted that the Evo X was only better up until 400 HP.

Lmao mod for mod until maybe 400hp. You can't find big power X like you can 8/9 just be real. The highest hp 8/9 is far beyond e highest hp X and let's not even talk best 1/4 miles cause that's a KILL for the 8/9. The 4b11 does NOt take the same abuse that the 4g63 does.
Well, that's wrong. 400 HP is easy to hit on an Evo X.

Then you just bumped up the power requirements under this notion that maximum is the indicator of the better engine. That's a ridiculous and short-sighted definition of better. The average person, with a reasonable budget, will make more power with an Evo X. There are plenty of examples of guys making 400, 500, or 600 WHP with Evo Xs. It's not difficult. Sure, if you want 1000 HP, you're entering new territory which is expensive, but if that's your power goal, you'd have to be an idiot to buy an Evo, period. You'd be better off with a Supra where there are lots of examples of 1000+ HP cars. A car that makes power easily and reliably on a budget that's within the reach of 95% of owners is a way better car than one than can make power for the 5% of people with huge budgets and lots of patience.

If you make an assertion, you need to back it up, that is the nature of debate.

Again, how is any of this relevant to the original question?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

This I can work with. Btw that Texas mike wasn't the fastest an 8 has done, its just one of. And that's a great build, sure, but how many legend ct9a chassis time attack cars are there? That's right a bunch cyber evo/sierra sierra evo/hks evo only to name a few. And I mentioned a whole lot earlier how the evo X was gaining ground and will take over in time attack as it is a better chassis. You see, I can admit where the X is better..but you guys can't give credit where its behind.
Some of the legends you speak of aren't Evo 8s, and have been around for more than a decade.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:29 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
At this pointAmbystom01 and Viegasjuice should just kiss up (not literally!), after all we are from the same EVO family. What was that show called with a catch phrase "Can't we all just get along?" comes to my mind.

At this point 1flysti may continue to fly STI.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Some of the legends you speak of aren't Evo 8s, and have been around for more than a decade.
The cars i mentioned are ct9a chassis cars. Fact. You can runaway from that as much as you want. Second, I was proving which engine has more potential, that's an easy win for the 4g, which you haven't dispelled all you can say is how that doesn't matter because most people don't have the funds. I've proved far more than you, your just making excuses. "The engine is older" "most people won't goto this power levels" yada yada point is if they wanted to the 4g is the engine to do it in, go read the thread I posted where X guys even admit it. Sorry, I win here partner.

Quick Reply: Trade my STI for EVO X?!