Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Trade my STI for EVO X?!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, im suprised that went on that long! I've never seen two evo owners going so head to head! Even with one of them saying the X is a better platform and owning an 8!

I've owned both but ill keep my opinions to myself, wouldnt want to start another 5+ thread lol
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pcfreakguy
You need help! You know overall the evo x is a better car than the 4g63 evos will ever be. Give up already. You've already lost and dont know it yet.
Sure, ignore how an entire forum dedicated to the evo X agrees the old engine is better. Go line up next to an 8/9 and tell me how that goes for you lol. Must be fun having to build your engine at anything over 350wtq while the 4g63 lasts far longer
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zanelefko
Wow, im suprised that went on that long! I've never seen two evo owners going so head to head! Even with one of them saying the X is a better platform and owning an 8!

I've owned both but ill keep my opinions to myself, wouldnt want to start another 5+ thread lol
Im glad ONE person caught that. I can admit where the X is better, and thats pretty much EVERYTHING except the engine. And that IM GOING TO BUY AN X lol
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Simply put...if you were to ask a group of people which engine they would rather build with it would be majority for the old proven motor that can take a beating. Period. 4g63 has set records and done amazing things. Ill take the 4g63/k20,k24/sr20det all over the 4b11, and so would ANYONE building a monster
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:44 AM

I feel bad for the O/P. All he wanted to do is get some input on if he should get an STI or an EVO lmaooo.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ignitionr34
I feel bad for the O/P. All he wanted to do is get some input on if he should get an STI or an EVO lmaooo.
He should stick wit subaru. If he picks up an X hes gonna be under the impression his engine is gods gift to the "tuner" world and that he has the only "real tuner car" along the almight GTR....now that i think of it, I cant believe that idiot put the gtr and X in the same category. Smh
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:57 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
Simply put...if you were to ask a group of people which engine they would rather build with it would be majority for the old proven motor that can take a beating. Period. 4g63 has set records and done amazing things. Ill take the 4g63/k20,k24/sr20det all over the 4b11, and so would ANYONE building a monster
You know I tried to resist writing senseless comments, but let this be one of them.

Basically you are saying Mitsubishi should just stick with Iron Block instead of an Aluminum Block...
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by moladin
You know I tried to resist writing senseless comments, but let this be one of them.

Basically you are saying Mitsubishi should just stick with Iron Block instead of an Aluminum Block...
What im saying is, mitsubishi took a good step and made a fantastic evo X. Its a hell of a car. Everything except for the engine was an upgrade, atleast for now. Im gonna give up my VIII for one an im ok with knowing i have a better track car and handling car with the sacrifice of not having as robust an engine. The 4g63 is legendary, the 4b11t will be forgotten very soon. Longevity is not on the 4b11 side.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Sure, ignore how an entire forum dedicated to the evo X agrees the old engine is better. Go line up next to an 8/9 and tell me how that goes for you lol. Must be fun having to build your engine at anything over 350wtq while the 4g63 lasts far longer
Im glad ONE person caught that. I can admit where the X is better, and thats pretty much EVERYTHING except the engine. And that IM GOING TO BUY AN X lol
He should stick wit subaru. If he picks up an X hes gonna be under the impression his engine is gods gift to the "tuner" world and that he has the only "real tuner car" along the almight GTR....now that i think of it, I cant believe that idiot put the gtr and X in the same category. Smh
What im saying is, mitsubishi took a good step and made a fantastic evo X. Its a hell of a car. Everything except for the engine was an upgrade, atleast for now. Im gonna give up my VIII for one an im ok with knowing i have a better track car and handling car with the sacrifice of not having as robust an engine. The 4g63 is legendary, the 4b11t will be forgotten very soon. Longevity is not on the 4b11 side.
This accurately represents how I feel when i read your drivel.

Name:  xFLcP.gif
Views: 0
Size:  1.68 MB
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
OK. That's it. And the "your drivel" was over the line, even if that's how you feel.