Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Blitz Turbo Controller and Timer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blitz Turbo Controller and Timer

Please forgive my ignorance. I am brand new to this world! I'm picking up a 2008 EVO X that has a few mods installed and I have a few questions about them. It has a Blitz Turbo Controller and a Timer.

Obviously, the boost controller allows you to adjust the turbo boost pressure. My question (concern) is the about the warnings regarding the possiblility that some cars may require the installation of a fuel cut device. It states that damage can be caused if the vehicle is not tuned properly (i.e. too much boost and not enough fuel). I assume that if the unit is set to the stock boost, it will act as if the boost controller does not even exist and therefore prevent the possibility of damage. Is my assumption correct?

The second feature is the turbo timer. From what I have read, it is designed to allow you to set a time that allows the turbo to cool down when turning off the vehicle which in theory prolongs the life of the turbo. My question is, does it keep the engine runniing for that period of time and if so, what is the best length of time to set it for.

It also has an AMS Cold Air intake and a 3" down pipe. Given these mods, would it be advisable to take it to a tuning shop to have it checked over to make sure these mods are properly installed, or are they basic plug and play bolt ons?

Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 01:56 PM

Anyone?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 02:30 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

I'd have the car checked out/retuned if anything. And to answer your question about the turbo timer length, on my IX I usually set it to 60 seconds when I was daily non-aggressive driving and like 3+ mins for super aggressive driving. As for your first question, I'm not exactly sure what the question is lol.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you really need a turbo timer on stock frame turbos? Are they not oil cooled anyways?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 02:23 PM

Thanks Sev,

My first question deals with the warning that I found on the on line manual for the boost control. It has a warning that says "the device is to chnge boost pressure but does not give [additional] or reduce fuel to the vehicle" it goes on to say that "too much boost or not enough fuel pressure can cause damage to the engine,. Be careful and make sure that the vehicle has sufficient fuel pressure for the desired boost settings".

I guess what I am asking, is how do I know if the fuel pressure is sufficient? or is this something that is tested b at the time of installation by the installer?

I'll take your advice and have her checked over by a good shop.

The car is immaculate and I think I got an unbelievable deal 43,000 miles paid $22,300. The current owner is 42 years old and quite frankly, I don't think he knows what he has. I think the book is about $24,300 on the car.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 02:31 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

So the car has a boost controller. Well typically you don't wanna to up the boost w/o a retune. So don't touch it for now, but like I said earlier, just get it checked out anyway for peace of mind. Good luck!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Yes a boost controller without the proper tune,can let's say put a nice size whole in your block.
When I had my electronic boost control selenoid,
3 port ebs I immediately had the retune done one the spot.
My car is new can't afford any disasters.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 05:12 PM

Stupid question, I read the directions for the turbo boost control and I can't figure out how to operate it and make sure the boost is set to the stock PSI. Does anyone know how to make sure it is set to the stock psi?