Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Seat cushion for recaro seats

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat cushion for recaro seats

Hi guys,
I'm wondering how many of you use a seat cushion?? Im 5'8 and I don't like how low the recaro seat is . I read a thread here to put some spacers to raise the seat, but that doesn't look too safe for me. I also read about different rails to raise them but I don't want to spend $300 on this.

So if any of you use any seat cushion can you share which one you use? and how comfy it is?

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
You could always go to an upholstery shop and have them add in some seat foam to give you an extra inch or two.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use one. I just bought a foam pillow cushion from Target. It makes the seat comfortable for me because Im kind of fat and the recaro's are snug for me.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 06:04 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, i tried one of my couch pillows this morning and it feels better, but its not too comfy after a few mins, thats why i think a car seat cushion may fit better, just need to know which one.

Im sure more have the same issue! Please share how or what did you do to fix it.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 06:59 PM

Some sort of spacer might be an idea, so you can keep using your seat warmers. My warmer is always on, now that its getting colder.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by IC_EVO
Some sort of spacer might be an idea, so you can keep using your seat warmers. My warmer is always on, now that its getting colder.
I dont have heated seats so thats not an issue. Like i said i dont think the spacers fix is safe.
How many of you have done this? (Spacers)
Old Nov 14, 2013, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by lancerus
I dont have heated seats so thats not an issue. Like i said i dont think the spacers fix is safe.
How many of you have done this? (Spacers)
Oh ok, sorry. I thought all the Recaro seats in the Evo X were heated.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

I did spacers, i can take a pic once i get home. I used 2" steel spacers from my work, and i used grade 10 metric bolts, 2 inches longer than the stock ones. My seat is still just as sturdy. It was so horrible driving before, i am 5 7" and most of my height is in my legs. Now, i love it. As far as safety goes, i researched on it before actually doing it, and found that as long as you use sufficient hardware and don't lift the seat a ridiculous amount, it should be fine. This is only my opinion though, do at your own risk
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by zebra4
I did spacers, i can take a pic once i get home. I used 2" steel spacers from my work, and i used grade 10 metric bolts, 2 inches longer than the stock ones. My seat is still just as sturdy. It was so horrible driving before, i am 5 7" and most of my height is in my legs. Now, i love it. As far as safety goes, i researched on it before actually doing it, and found that as long as you use sufficient hardware and don't lift the seat a ridiculous amount, it should be fine. This is only my opinion though, do at your own risk
Interesting, i will like to see your pic. I saw a few pics from another thread but the spacers were too small and didnt look safe. Did you welded the spacers to the body?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Hello? I wish I was a little bit taller...
Old Dec 22, 2013, 02:24 PM

Smile

Today, I made some custom cushions w/ the bed memory foam inside. (super soft)
I am 5'5, 150 lbs it didn't bother me when I bought the car, but after a few weeks, and long drives, I notice the discomfort.
I did some custom cut and sew action. These are my prototypes. I used felt material w/ the custom embroidery lettering. If people on the board would be interested I'd probably make it w/ vinyl material.
Attached Thumbnails Seat cushion for recaro seats-img_0334.jpg   Seat cushion for recaro seats-img_0336.jpg   Seat cushion for recaro seats-img_0332.jpg  
Old Dec 23, 2013, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zebra4
I did the same and no problems even during track events.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 01:29 PM

Any Machine shop could throw some T6 6061 on a lathe or even in a vertical mill. Hell If there is enough folks that would want a set I could talk to the powers that be at work.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 03:00 PM

I got a pillow at k-mart for like $10. Works really well. I'm kind of short too so it helps with visibility. It was a store brand pillow.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
I like my fat shaming EVO.

I've lost 6lbs because this car makes me feel like a Killer Whale. Now the seats fit better and I'm going to keep on going. I'm not going for manladyboy 135lb Asian, but I think the EVO seats will fat shame me at least another 15-20lbs and keep me honest thereafter.

My EVO don't care about my feelings, my EVO don't give a ****!

Quick Reply: Seat cushion for recaro seats