Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ETS FMIC fitment problem with stock LICP

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2013, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS FMIC fitment problem with stock LICP

Hey guys,

I installed the ETS 3.5 FMIC onto my X today and I got some fitment problem. As you can see in the attachment. The uicp seems fine but the fitment with licp looks really ugly. I have to bent the coupler a bit to connect the two pipes and this is the only way that could prevent it from leaking. I didn't take the rubber ring off from the stock ic and install it onto the new one. Could it be the reason why it doesn't fit? Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails ETS FMIC fitment problem with stock LICP-photo-1.jpg   ETS FMIC fitment problem with stock LICP-photo-2.jpg   ETS FMIC fitment problem with stock LICP-photo-3.jpg  
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
are you able to move the licp? it should definitely fit in the coupler deeper.
My 4" ETS fit fine on the licp but the uicp fit kinda funny, I just forced it in and tightened it down and luckily it doesnt leak at all.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by mlouis
are you able to move the licp? it should definitely fit in the coupler deeper.
My 4" ETS fit fine on the licp but the uicp fit kinda funny, I just forced it in and tightened it down and luckily it doesnt leak at all.
My licp was tightened I couldn't move it. My uicp fits fine.. It seems like you can only choose either one to fit...
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
I don't have an opinion either way because I haven't installed this part, but if a part doesn't fit properly I either call the manufacturer and ask for assistance or return said part if they can't get it to fit 'factory' after working with them.

Nothing should be 'I just tightened it down and hoped for the best'. This is an integral part of your engine / turbo setup. I'd expect and rely on nothing but firm fitment and professional finish in any parts added to it.

My .02 cents
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Could you give me a call at 360-896-3000. I want to run a couple options by you and see if we can figure it out with process of elimination.

Couple options off the top of my head.

1.) I would use the lower rubber rings from the OEM intercooler and install them into the ETS intercooler. This will make sure the intercooler sits in the correct location. I don't think this is the issue, but it will prevent the intercooler from rocking.

2.) I would recommend leaving all clamps lose until the intercooler is fitted and tightening the clamps at the end of the install.

3.) We may have a short coupler, I could also send you a longer coupler if that would help get to clamp over the first bead.

Give me a call and we will get this figured out.

We are on our Holiday Schedule right now.

We are closed M-W next week. Open Thursday and Friday. I would like to get this resolved for you today, so give me a call as soon as you can. I also sent you an email.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Dec 27, 2013, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Could you give me a call at 360-896-3000. I want to run a couple options by you and see if we can figure it out with process of elimination.

Couple options off the top of my head.

1.) I would use the lower rubber rings from the OEM intercooler and install them into the ETS intercooler. This will make sure the intercooler sits in the correct location. I don't think this is the issue, but it will prevent the intercooler from rocking.

2.) I would recommend leaving all clamps lose until the intercooler is fitted and tightening the clamps at the end of the install.

3.) We may have a short coupler, I could also send you a longer coupler if that would help get to clamp over the first bead.

Give me a call and we will get this figured out.

We are on our Holiday Schedule right now.

We are closed M-W next week. Open Thursday and Friday. I would like to get this resolved for you today, so give me a call as soon as you can. I also sent you an email.

Thanks!

Michael

Michael FTW on awesome customer service. I installed the 4" in FMIC without any issues so I'm sure you guys can figure it out.