Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2014 mr recall

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 mr recall

Had my oil changed yesterday at the mitsu dealer. They reprogrammed my ECM and told me they had a recall on it... just FYI
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:31 AM

Any more details on this? What is the recall for?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 04:18 PM

Please elaborate further. Thank you
Old Dec 29, 2013, 06:25 PM

2014 MR recall

They just told me the ECM needed reprogramming. No cost. They told me it was a recall. Didn't specify why.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:21 PM

they did it on the spot for you then? ill go into mitsu in the morning.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My guess is that they were just following orders from Corporate to check for a reflash and gave it a fancy label so it seemed like they were doing you a favor.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 08:00 AM

Prolly so. I had my oil changed that same day.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
There actually is a factory reflash available for the 2014; a dealership isn't going to lie and claim something is a recall when it is not. If you're already tuned you will not want to get this done though. Frankly, I am getting tired of this Mitsu corporate bashing. If anyone is having a problem, it's due to the local privately owned dealership, not Mitsubishi corporate. I've had better experiences with warranty coverage on my Evo IX & X than I did my S2000 through Honda.

Last edited by Kracka; Dec 30, 2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 09:15 AM

The dealership I bought from is amazing! However it is 6 hours from my home. My local dealership is ran by the Marx Brothers and they are so poorly trained that most of them don't know the difference between a Evo X and a RA edition other than wider fenders...This is a fact.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

THIS IS NOT A RECALL.

Just to clarify. This is a "service campaign" to flash the ECU. Has something to do with cold weather start ups. It is free, and should take less than 30 minutes. This is not a safety issue, thus does not warrany an actual recall.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kracka
There actually is a factory reflash available for the 2014; a dealership isn't going to lie and claim something is a recall when it is not. If you're already tuned you will not want to get this done though. Frankly, I am getting tired of this Mitsu corporate bashing. If anyone is having a problem, it's due to the local privately owned dealership, not Mitsubishi corporate. I've had better experiences with warranty coverage on my Evo IX & X than I did my S2000 through Honda.
It's all the same IMO. If these dealers are the problem, and Mitsu corporate doesn't do anything about it, then Mitsu corporate condones that behavior in my eyes.

Remember, some of us don't have Don Herring who is an excellent Mitsu dealer. Some of us have to deal with the dealerships that I have in my city. I am actually considering driving back up to Dallas to get the CMC recall done because I don't trust these incompetent dealers here.

And I seriously speak from experience and having bought 5 new Mitsubishi's and dealing with warranty work a handful of times. If you have a terrible dealership in your city, nothing will change. They will continue selling the Mitsu brand no matter how bad they are because Mitsu doesn't do anything about it.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Have you called Mitsubishi of North America to complain about the dealership and voice your frustrations and experiences with them? This is what I did when I was having trouble with a local Honda dealership regarding my S2000 warranty and Honda called the dealership and got it all cleared up for me.

Last edited by Kracka; Dec 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

A great example is looking at the CMC recall thread. That thread is all over the place when it comes to the job being done properly and timely.

This is what is to be expected when it comes to warranty work and a local dealer. You may get great service and you may not. But I can bet that some of these dealers that screw stuff up, have been reported to Mitsu corporate. I personally did that with a dealer here. And I bet that those dealers will continue on selling the Mitsu product and not changing one bit. Just like the crappy dealership we have here....still
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
Have you called Mitsubishi of North America to complain about the dealership and voice your frustrations and experiences with them? This is what I did when I was having trouble with a local Honda dealership regarding my S2000 warranty and Honda called the dealership and got it all cleared up for me.
Yes sir. If I went into detail about it, it would be a very long post. But it was over the convertible top on my Eclipse. In the end I finally had the top changed out properly. But I lost count of how many trips to the dealership it took and in the end all Mitsu corporate would do is let me take it to a different local crappy dealership to finish the repair.

All in all, with missed time from work and countless rental cars, I was probably out about $1000 for my free warranty coverage.

And the last issue with the car, the dealership "could not duplicate" and Mitsu wouldn't accept my video evidence of the problem. To this day it is still an issue on the car but I gave up fighting Mitsu about it and finally just said F it. And yep, this was all through Mitsu corporate.

Melinda was my case worker. Not sure if she is there anymore though.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Well, that is very unfortunate then. It would be nice if dealerships across the board were held to a higher standard.

Things people can do when choosing a dealership:
-Ask if they are a Diamond Chapter of Excellence dealer.
-Ask if they have any elite master and/or master technicians.
-Ask for an elite certified salesperson.

Last edited by Kracka; Dec 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 mr recall