Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Air Bag System Service Required

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2014, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Bag System Service Required

Has anyone ever gotten an Air Bag System Service Required? Mine came on at the end of December for about two days. I readjusted the seats and it seemed to go away. Had my car delivered by boat to Hawaii and since picking it up on Monday it's constantly going off. I'm pretty sure it's the passenger seat. I believe a sensor is loose or something. Going in to the dealership on Tuesday but if anyone has experienced this and knows the fix I can then save me a little bit of money and do this myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 04:02 PM

it could be many things............... its hard to diagnose a car over the web..
Old Jan 29, 2014, 04:19 PM

You're right. I've already done research and it could be several things.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 04:48 PM

First step would be find what air bag code it is
Old Jan 29, 2014, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm sorry to say that if you messed with the weight-sensor under the passenger seat, you will have to pay the dealership to clear the code. My understanding is that nothing short of a MUT-III or a Lexia can clear that code. In general, you must disconnect the battery on our cars before touching the seats. If you unhook an airbag or weight-sensor with the battery still connected, you'll get a code that no simple code-reader can clear.

If you're wondering why you must unhook the battery before going near the airbags, it's because that system still works with the engine off.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 08:59 PM

Need Help!! Airbag service Required?

Long story short, I Purchased My wrecked 2010 Evolution Gsr about a month Ago. it was Hit in the front. only driver knee and steering bag deployed. i fixed the car about a week ago. i just got around to putting all new airbags, seatbelts and a new module in, including (2) new front sensors. i then reconnected my battery, and started it for the first time, to find out my airbag service light is on. everything works on my steering wheel besides my horn, so don't think it would be a clockspring issue. ANY HELP Or Advice would be very appreciated.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 07:51 PM

Oh I thought I put the answer on here already. Found out that the AMS intake heat shield was rattling against an exposed wire right in front of it causing the air bag light to go on. This was new to me and it cost me damn near $200 to get this diagnosed. The fix was a piece of wire tape around the exposed wire. SMH.