Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Front and rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front and rear bumper

Hi all I have a 2010 evo x and I am looking for a oem front bumper cover and a rear bumper cover. I call Mitsubishi and they quoted me about 850 for the rear. I thought it was high so I have been looking around and I found this site that has them I just don't know exactly what I need other then the bumper cover they have them with a bunch of other things. If someone could check out the page and let me know what numbers I have to order for the front and rear bumper.

Rear bumper http://www.oemmitsubishiparts.com/pa...agramCallOut=1

Front Bumper
http://www.oemmitsubishiparts.com/pa...agramCallOut=1

Thank you all.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

If you only want the cover it is just item 1 on both pages.

It will come without any mounting hardware, reflectors, plastic trim pieces, clips, lights and or anything else.

It is literally just the cover itself with holes for screws and lights and everything else that snaps into it. i don't even think you can get it sent in your body color, you'll have to get it painted.

The question of course is "Were your two bumpers wrecked in a fender bender? Can you reuse the other pieces like mounting hardware etc? OR do you have all aftermarket items on it and you want to go back to OEM look?"

First scenario may mean you need to order other damaged items while the second scenario means you need to definitely order more items.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It'd be cheaper, easier, and arguably better to just find some used ones in good shape, especially the front bumper. Many people switch to aftermarket bumpers, and get rid of their old ones.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mani8448
If you only want the cover it is just item 1 on both pages.

It will come without any mounting hardware, reflectors, plastic trim pieces, clips, lights and or anything else.

It is literally just the cover itself with holes for screws and lights and everything else that snaps into it. i don't even think you can get it sent in your body color, you'll have to get it painted.

The question of course is "Were your two bumpers wrecked in a fender bender? Can you reuse the other pieces like mounting hardware etc? OR do you have all aftermarket items on it and you want to go back to OEM look?"

First scenario may mean you need to order other damaged items while the second scenario means you need to definitely order more items.
Well the rear bumper has a crack in it so I want to change the rear and the clips, the reflectors seem fine so I should be able to reuse everything else. The front bumper is missing some clips they are broken on the bumper so I will need the cover and clips. I realize I have to paint it after once I get the new parts I am going to paint my whole car. Both are oem
Old Mar 1, 2014, 05:32 PM

when i was looking at one of the sits that sell oem parts, they had colors associated bumpers and stuff. im prob going to give them a call myself and find out if they covers need body work such as paint and clear coat. im in the same boat you trying to find a CHEAP front bumper.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by blusubman
when i was looking at one of the sits that sell oem parts, they had colors associated bumpers and stuff. im prob going to give them a call myself and find out if they covers need body work such as paint and clear coat. im in the same boat you trying to find a CHEAP front bumper.
Well let me know what they say and what site you were checking.