Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

New Roof Rack/Bike Rack alternative

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 01:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
New Roof Rack/Bike Rack alternative

From a company called Seasucker, seasucker.com. I got the Mini Bomber for 2 bikes.

It's a system that uses a high ratio vacume pump system on high durometer, thick rubber suction cups. 4 cups in the front and 1/bike in teh back for the system that i got.

At first I have to admit that i almost spent 800 dollars on a THULE 2 bike fork attachment system for my evo. I hated the thought but i couldnt see any other alternative, Trunk attachment was not happening.

I spoke with my cousin who lives in Puerto Rico and he told me about a roof bike fork system that his friend has been selling to porsche and ferrari owners at his bike shop, this seasucker system. I trust my cousin with any kind of bike info he's my personal guru on this stuff lol he's a civil engineer and has many high end bikes so on and so forth.

So for half the price and the convenience of absolutely no drilling, no scratching, and ease of remove-ability I personally chose this system and I am very happy with it.

Here is the direct link to the system I purchased for 400$.
http://www.seasucker.com/shop/mini-bomber/

Here is a video of the system in action (on a nascar at 140mph):

And a pic of it on my car:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6&l=e9ff387d79

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6&l=6dfce08de4

The ONLY draw back is that you cant use it for a third bike as you have to place the rear tire anchor very close to the rain gutter moulding, other wise the roof bends. So two bikes and off to the side as close as possible to the moulding.

Again i am absolutely not saying one is better than the other, my opinion is that i do not like permanent racks, and this is very easy to take off and put back on, and for that reason I chose it, along with price.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 02:02 AM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails New Roof Rack/Bike Rack alternative-20140301_161439.jpg  

Last edited by ModenaTwinTurbo; Mar 3, 2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

Old Mar 3, 2014, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is pretty neat. Too bad there isn't anything available for mounting skiis.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thomar
This is pretty neat. Too bad there isn't anything available for mounting skiis.
Oh that sucks, the surboard one wont work?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 09:37 AM

Look for craigslist/classifieds deals on thule or Yakima racks, you might get lucky (at least for ski mounting options). I got a full Thule snowboard setup for like $350 after piecing together.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shza
Look for craigslist/classifieds deals on thule or Yakima racks, you might get lucky (at least for ski mounting options). I got a full Thule snowboard setup for like $350 after piecing together.
This is for people that prefer not to have a permanent rack on top of their cars.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

alexis rios's 911 turbo at that bike shop in PR with the single version of this roof rack.
Attached Thumbnails New Roof Rack/Bike Rack alternative-1972357_775121875832427_8487808063177025502_n.jpg  
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
super cool rack
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
super cool rack
i know man i love this thing.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

are the Evo's trunk that sensitive not to put a good trunck rack on it? I got a Yakima on my car and I was looking at another evo.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ModenaTwinTurbo
This is for people that prefer not to have a permanent rack on top of their cars.
That is a really cool rack that you got - I've never seen one like it before. That being said, I'm not sure why you are referring to the Thule / Yak racks as permanent. I have a set of Thule cross bars / feet with 2 bike racks mounted to them. It takes me all of <5 minutes to remove the rack from my car and <10 minutes to put it back on (after setting it up the first time which does take longer). I'd hardly call that permanent. Also, there is 0 chance of it bending my roof and 0 permanent modifications to my car.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevLimiter
are the Evo's trunk that sensitive not to put a good trunck rack on it? I got a Yakima on my car and I was looking at another evo.
Well yea it would be fine but I don't know I had one on another car and it messed up the back of the car. But it had a lot to do w my carelessness. The tire and cranks scratched the back bumper too.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PSUfan1
That is a really cool rack that you got - I've never seen one like it before. That being said, I'm not sure why you are referring to the Thule / Yak racks as permanent. I have a set of Thule cross bars / feet with 2 bike racks mounted to them. It takes me all of <5 minutes to remove the rack from my car and <10 minutes to put it back on (after setting it up the first time which does take longer). I'd hardly call that permanent. Also, there is 0 chance of it bending my roof and 0 permanent modifications to my car.
Takes me seconds to lift my suction cups and I've been using it for months now no bends on roof seconds on seconds off lol. And those other ones it seems like they became a "cool thing" to put on cars ornamentally. I'd be scared of the Honda kids trying to rip it off my car with their teeth.