Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

If you leased your Evo, step inside

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2014, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW- I also leased my car and like a dumb *** i got a Base X... and of course not in the color i want... BUT i do have a white mans credit score and was able to have 330$ payments. With that being said, most likely i will keep this car and PERHAPS sell to get a 335i..

Reason being is i really get annoyed of how much money i spent in this damn car for it to have terrible speakers, rattles, cheap interior and basic ****-pit..

But damn is this car fast and the babies love the Boost
Old Jan 3, 2015, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I leased my X as well, had a few questions.

Would I be able to get away with powder coating the stock wheels?

If I decide to keep my X at the end of the lease, would all the over excess mileage be charged by Mitsu or be negated since I will keep it? Think the rate is 15 cents a mile but I may be wrong.

I am at 15k/year but I feel like I am definitely going drive the car more than 15k/year since I got a job farther from my home.

Yes this is my DD.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Red diamond
BTW- I also leased my car and like a dumb *** i got a Base X... and of course not in the color i want... BUT i do have a white mans credit score and was able to have 330$ payments. With that being said, most likely i will keep this car and PERHAPS sell to get a 335i..

Reason being is i really get annoyed of how much money i spent in this damn car for it to have terrible speakers, rattles, cheap interior and basic ****-pit..

But damn is this car fast and the babies love the Boost
What the muck is a "white mans credit score"?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by ticaaal70
I leased my X as well, had a few questions.

Would I be able to get away with powder coating the stock wheels?

If I decide to keep my X at the end of the lease, would all the over excess mileage be charged by Mitsu or be negated since I will keep it? Think the rate is 15 cents a mile but I may be wrong.

I am at 15k/year but I feel like I am definitely going drive the car more than 15k/year since I got a job farther from my home.

Yes this is my DD.

I bought out my X at the end of the lease, and it doesnt matter how many miles you have on it if you buy it (They stick to the number they quoted you with the lease), it only matters to them if you give it back because they have to try to resell the car.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 05:58 PM

I paid 429 for a 2013 MR with only first payment down. It has the premium package. I am looking to get out of it early now though....No issues whatsoever.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 05:53 AM

I know this has been mentioned somewhere in here before but.... If you are going to turn in your Evo at the end of t lease go to Carmax!

I'm a buyer there ( i do the appraisals) the values we put on evos are almost always higher then your payoff. Even if you went past your mileage you should still be ok. This things hold their values so well the person selling it to us usually pockets a couple grand of the positive equity.

Also worth noting our appraisal is no where near as strict as the inspection. You don't get dinged form small stuff like small dents and scraps as we have people that fix that in house before we sell it.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:15 AM

good info....i wanna get a m4 too
Old Jan 21, 2015, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If ur lease up gotta return it.Theres free money out here.$100k..u just gotta know how to find it.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

I'm contemplating leasing a EvoX through Mitsubishi, does anyone here now of any additional cost associated with a Mitsu factory lease?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:02 AM

Lost my faith in Mitsubishi Corp. Last month, I spoke to 2 customer reps, and they both told me I could return my Evo as long as I have 3 payments left on the lease. 2 CUSTOMER REPS. Today, 2 months later, I called to schedule a lease end inspection, and a different rep told me it's 60 days according to my lease contract. When I mentioned what the other 2 reps told me 2 months ago, she told me they were wrong, and that her superior will provide them training to make sure they won't give out the wrong information in the future. I have only a week left until 60 days, and she will activate the inspection and have them call me (I have 67 days left on my lease). At this point, it doesn't matter anymore because I plan to return it in the middle or end of March anyways which is within 60 days time fram. But I feel I have been cheated by Mitsubishi because they're giving me inaccurate information. It's like they're afraid I won't make the next payment on March 1. Evo is a great car, and I love it. But the company ****ing sucks!

Last edited by xEvilEvoX; Feb 23, 2015 at 10:04 AM.