Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

accessport?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
accessport?

Being fairly new to modding, I have a pretty simple question...

Currently I have a CAI from AMS
Topspeed pro 1 exhaust and test pipe
And looking into getting upper ICP

I'm not looking for huge gains at the moment, just looking for a bit more zip out of the car. I understand nothing will beat a pro tune, but would I still benefit from an accessport?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by kelogg
Being fairly new to modding, I have a pretty simple question...

Currently I have a CAI from AMS
Topspeed pro 1 exhaust and test pipe
And looking into getting upper ICP

I'm not looking for huge gains at the moment, just looking for a bit more zip out of the car. I understand nothing will beat a pro tune, but would I still benefit from an accessport?
You're running an AMS intake and a test pipe without a tune? Get an accessport map as soon as possible, that supports the AMS intake which uses a new MAF housing.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shekaar
You're running an AMS intake and a test pipe without a tune? Get an accessport map as soon as possible, that supports the AMS intake which uses a new MAF housing.
I thought that was a big no no
Old Jul 1, 2014, 02:40 PM

No no. I should have added that everything is still I their respective boxes
Old Jul 2, 2014, 03:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No no. I should have added that everything is still I their respective boxes
Well for the intanke, some run their car without a tune. But my understanding is that really depends on the intake. Like the ETS intake seems a little more forgiving and the ecu may be able to adjust trims without the need of a tune. But a lot of intakes should get a tune to be safe.

For the cobb ap, you can run a stage 1 AMS intake tune.

As for the test pipe, I am not to sure. I know the stage 2 is meant for the dp. But I am not sure about the tp. You may be able to get away with it though. But I would recommend a wideband so you can accurately monitor your AFR's. When I was running a stage 2 ots map, my car was running a little lean on it.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
ETS intakes use stock MAF housing so you can run without a tune. The TP will definitely need a tune. Stage 2 OTS maps from Cobb are geared more for TP and DP from what I was told.

If you have an AMS intake, I think they use a larger MAF housing so you probably should at least use the Cobb OTS maps. Or get a pro tune to get the best results from your mods.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 09:19 AM

I hear ya' I'm just itching to at least start putting some of these parts on the car. I don't really have enough time on my hands currently to lose my DD for a day. And currently I'm not looking for HUGE gains. That's why I'm thinking accessport. But I don't know 100% how it works and if it will work ok with my current mods (Still in their boxes)
Old Jul 2, 2014, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by ChipperEvo
ETS intakes use stock MAF housing so you can run without a tune. The TP will definitely need a tune. Stage 2 OTS maps from Cobb are geared more for TP and DP from what I was told.

If you have an AMS intake, I think they use a larger MAF housing so you probably should at least use the Cobb OTS maps. Or get a pro tune to get the best results from your mods.
So, I should be safe running stage 1 AMS intake ots map if I just use my exhaust as a cat back for the time being until I get a chance further down the road for a pro tune?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah you can run that setup with the ots map...if you get an AP you might as well do the stage 2 with the test pipe...you will feel a big bump with the testpipe/stage 2....I ended up doing a stage 3 with an ebc a bit after and the results are mixed...I say go stage 2 and wait for a full tune before you get a boost controller
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:11 PM

As of now I have an AP, still haven't installed any of the mods I listed before with the exception of the cat back. I ran the stock OTS map and went for a little ride. Ran WOT from first to almost the top of 3, had a peak boost of 26psi and a knock count peak of 4. From my little research, Knock count is bad. Should I be running stage one map instead? Also, I don't quite understand the map lingo (how they are labled)
Old Jul 14, 2014, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would say install your parts and run the stage 2....log and see how your car responds....it may or may not freak out b/c of your intake...it should be ok though and 26psi is what the OTS maps are set to peak at and then taper to 21. Below is what you would want to use, pick the one that goes with the fuel you plan on running. Or run the stage 1 map until you are ready to install the other stuff. And list an example of the map name you are confused about.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Accessport...M-12-EVO-X-GSR
Old Jul 21, 2014, 07:35 AM

you guy have been fantastic. i appreciate it. i have the testpipe in and the CAI in and currently running stage 2 93 oct. now to bother you all with another question. I seem to have a small issue with knock, driving around town i get 1 count (not a HUGE deal) but when i go WOT it ranges from 1 to 4 counts. half considering dropping down to 93 LWG just to see what happens.

Also, i have an extra bung in the testpipe, could i put a wideband AFR there and be able to rely on it pretty well? it's maybe a foot to six inches from the DP.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
you guy have been fantastic. i appreciate it. i have the testpipe in and the CAI in and currently running stage 2 93 oct. now to bother you all with another question. I seem to have a small issue with knock, driving around town i get 1 count (not a HUGE deal) but when i go WOT it ranges from 1 to 4 counts. half considering dropping down to 93 LWG just to see what happens.

Also, i have an extra bung in the testpipe, could i put a wideband AFR there and be able to rely on it pretty well? it's maybe a foot to six inches from the DP.
It's because you are really needing a proper protune for the modifications you have. You are 'getting by' with the tune you have, but it's not meant for the parts you have on your car.

Do yourself and your car a favor and get it to a good tuner to get things running how they should.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

AFR Gauges are just fine when you have the bung on the test pipe. The difference from test pipe to down pipe bungs is negligible. As was said, you really just need a professional tune. The OTS maps are fine to carry you over, but if you're getting 4 counts of knock I'd be looking to finish installing my mods and getting a pro tune as soon as possible.