Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

When WOT isn't WOT...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When WOT isn't WOT...

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could help out... I have an X and have had a reoccurring problem where there car feels really lazy and down on power. If I turn the car off and then back on again and it seems to sort it. Sometimes I will have to pull over and do this a few times to get the car to come good again though.

I have taken logs using EvoScan when the problem is occurring and I can see that the throttle position is not showing fully open when I am doing a WOT pull. I thought it might be a dodgy pedal sensor but when I logged this it was reading correctly.

I was going to take the car into Mitsi to get them to check out the wheel speed sensors but I was wondering whether anyone had any other ideas? It is driving me mad!

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

I'm honestly just throwing out ideas.
When the timing retards, does the car slow you down by pulling back the throttle? Or will it just not be full tilt on power? Like a bad tank of gas or something.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 07:31 AM

This sounds like turbo lag. if you are not pressing gas fully around 3.5-4 you will feel no power from 4k and up. Happens to me and I'm stock with 30k miles.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sephiron
I'm honestly just throwing out ideas.
When the timing retards, does the car slow you down by pulling back the throttle? Or will it just not be full tilt on power? Like a bad tank of gas or something.
Hmm, I dont know but I imagine it just winds the timing in? Someone might correct me on this though? The problem is persistent throughout numerous tanks of fuel though!

Originally Posted by Red diamond
This sounds like turbo lag. if you are not pressing gas fully around 3.5-4 you will feel no power from 4k and up. Happens to me and I'm stock with 30k miles.
I am certain it isn't regular lag as the actual throttle isn't opening fully according to the logs. Also, identical power pulls with identical accelerator movement from me gives me different log data depending on whether the problem is occurring or not. Punching those logs into virtual dyno confirms that I am way down on power too when I feel the problem is happening.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Can you post a log so we can see?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 02:10 PM

Of course There are two logs in the zip file. Both 3rd gear pulls to 7kish with my foot flat. One with the problem and one without. To see my pedal position you have to scroll over to APP on the right of the spreadsheet.

Any input from anyone would be greatly received.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Logs.zip (7.9 KB, 0 views)