Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

MR V/S Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChipperEvo
jebus dude try a punctuation or two once in a while.

hey i can admit to that because writing and english in school for me was bad but i can admit to that so take it easy. but i enjoy wrenching on my cars and i am a technician its what i have always been good at and i don't write papers so i am sorry if it pissed you off
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, if you want to listen to the engine drone for 2 hours in traffic then I go with Evo X. I have a RA and the engine drone really isn't noticeable unless your in Sport Mode. RA has a little better mpg, but not much than a Evo, so have to take that into consideration. I also, think RA has a little better suspension for DD than EVO as well.
The best bet is to test drive both and do a little more research on what you wanting and can tolerate in a DD. Especially, if your buying used, make sure either one is in a acceptable condition for you.
I'm RA bias right now, so I go with RA just being cheaper and they still look pretty good and some ump too. Again, it's up to you, your budget, what you want in a vehicle and if you plan on modding either vehicle you get. Good Luck!!!

Last edited by russ72; Apr 17, 2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i can speak as a ralliart owner. I like the ralliart more from the point of view that is more affordable or lets say cost-effective and that i dont attract that much of attention which is good if you like the sleeper look or if where you live a lot of cars ar stolen. a ralliart will never look as an evo x (wide body look) unless you spend a couple of $$ in body work which it has been already done. you can upgrade the brake system to the evo x brembo by using the evo x front knuckes or the eclipse 06 and galant ones, and on the rear the just need a little modification to fit. evo x brake disks are required. In terms of suspension there are only 2 ways of upgrading it, the first one is using coilovers the second one is using the evo x front control arms that way you can use the front evo x mr bilstein struts, as for the rear you have to stick with the ralliart struts with springs. Performance wise you can move the battery to the trunk and then swap any evo x turbo either stock or stock frame and use any performance evo x intake. UICP you can use any evo x one, LICP stick to the evo x stock one or any aftermarket one that are 2.5 inch. IC you can use anyone that are meant for evo x and they will fit(except the ones that are wide enough to need modification on an evo x, those will need modification on a ralliart as well) cams you can use any aftermarket meant for an evo x as well as pistons and rods they are the same.. the only difference on the internals of a ralliart are the rods which are a little bit weaker than the evo x ones everything else is practically the same. stock clutches will work or as long as torque remains in 365 or less, once you upgrade them you can push the car base on the clutch and engine torque limit. i have a ralliart with 376 whp on a dynojet which is probably is 350 on a mustang dyno with torque on the 330 and my car work fine.