Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Gtx3576r

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gtx3576r

Looking for a stock turbo upgrade. I've heard great things about the gtx3576r. Is this basically the best stock frame upgrade? You can choose many different options with this turbo, like T3 mani, T4, and V-band. I have heard the ATP kit(direct bolt on) is alright but no where near as good as the t3 and t4 options. Right now I am stock motor, and do eventually plan on building it. most likely a 2.2 build. Should I just go with a T3 mani from the get go? Also get the downpipe and piping to go with the t3? Should I go internal wastegate, or external? I want the best options on this turbo. I know the EFR kit is great but im not looking to drop around $5k at the moment..I know bakaunchie loves this turbo, and yes I have read a bunch of threads about this turbo vs the 3076 and the efr kit and etc. Basically just want the best options for this turbo that doesn't spool too late, can work on stock motor around 500-550whp (e85) and then work on a built motor whatever I decide to do. Should I get cams with this as well? I think cams would definitely be helpful. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Basically what is EVERYTHING I need to make the most out of this turbo that you can buy. Without building my motor...

Last edited by elkazX; May 11, 2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old May 12, 2015, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elkazX
Looking for a stock turbo upgrade. I've heard great things about the gtx3576r. Is this basically the best stock frame upgrade? You can choose many different options with this turbo, like T3 mani, T4, and V-band. I have heard the ATP kit(direct bolt on) is alright but no where near as good as the t3 and t4 options. Right now I am stock motor, and do eventually plan on building it. most likely a 2.2 build. Should I just go with a T3 mani from the get go? Also get the downpipe and piping to go with the t3? Should I go internal wastegate, or external? I want the best options on this turbo. I know the EFR kit is great but im not looking to drop around $5k at the moment..I know bakaunchie loves this turbo, and yes I have read a bunch of threads about this turbo vs the 3076 and the efr kit and etc. Basically just want the best options for this turbo that doesn't spool too late, can work on stock motor around 500-550whp (e85) and then work on a built motor whatever I decide to do. Should I get cams with this as well? I think cams would definitely be helpful. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Basically what is EVERYTHING I need to make the most out of this turbo that you can buy. Without building my motor...
The ATP stock frame gtx3576R will hit 550awhp on e85 and even on the stock bottom end. The turbo is priced at around 2300 for a drop in setup. Just make sure if you go this route to pick up the TSB oil banjo bolt off there site.

T4 TS will flow more but it does come with alot more added cost to.
Old May 12, 2015, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Cams are 100% necessary to make your power goals

Cam choice is the hard part but if your not looking to do your entire valve train look into what hks has to offer so you can maximize the setup

If you dont mind the extra money to do valve train
I would look into some more aggressive cams to ensure your power goals

Last edited by SR Concepts; May 12, 2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old May 12, 2015, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

thanks to both of you, but after some research and pricing on t3 and t4 kits for the 3576 and also talking to baka I am going to go with the EFR Full race kit with the 8374 tubro with the internal wastegate. I will definitely be doing some research into cams before I make a purchase, and will want something aggressive since I will eventually be doing a build so it will save some time and money
Old May 12, 2015, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

The kit sounds great!

However just another thing to ponder is
When you build your motor and your ready to make big numbers you will want an external gate.

I personally would rather change the spring in my gate to accommodate more boost rather than swapping turbos and kits when your internal gate becomes insufficient
Old May 12, 2015, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SR Concepts
The kit sounds great!

However just another thing to ponder is
When you build your motor and your ready to make big numbers you will want an external gate.

I personally would rather change the spring in my gate to accommodate more boost rather than swapping turbos and kits when your internal gate becomes insufficient
baka showed me dyno maps of cars he has tuned with this turbo kit. they all made really good numbers and this kit is good for around 800whp. one car specifically made 660whp and 425wtq on stock motor just cams, I don't think id really want more than 800 ever.
Old May 12, 2015, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Ah I see I just want sure since you were talking an eventual 2.2 I wasn't sure just how extreme the power plans were in the future.
I know that once I'm set on power....I tend to want more so forgive me for looking at this in the wrong way.
Either way this will be a great setup and I hope you enjoy!
Old May 12, 2015, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SR Concepts
Ah I see I just want sure since you were talking an eventual 2.2 I wasn't sure just how extreme the power plans were in the future.
I know that once I'm set on power....I tend to want more so forgive me for looking at this in the wrong way.
Either way this will be a great setup and I hope you enjoy!
eh, I think ill be good maxing this turbo out around 800 and maybe around 500 torque. but yeah I know what you mean lol, I was just bolt ons making 350 and I said I wanted e85 and I would be happy with 400 but now that im there is like wow this isn't that much of a difference I want more thank you man! im sure i'll be posting results and all that here on evom so I can inform people that are in the same spot at me now