Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Synapse DV leaking in pull but not in push?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Synapse DV leaking in pull but not in push?

So i installed a Synapse DV about a year ago and it was working great. I recently coudln't hit full boost and did a boost leak test and the DV was leaking. I switched it to push mode and tested again and it held alot better, anyone had the experience where it leaked in one mode (push or pull) and not the other? Does this mean i should open it up and refresh the seals?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's entirely possible. I recently boost leak tested my car and found that my Synapse dv was blowing air onto my hand from the outlet by about 12 psi which suggested to me is was leaking badly. I was down about 2-3 psi over what I was initially tuned at a couple months ago. All I did was tear it apart (easy), thoroughly clean it after removing the o-rings, regrease it with some high temp grease and reassemble it with the stock spring. After retesting, I had no more air coming out of it up yo about 25 psi. I'm running push mode, port b with zero preload on the stock spring. I also found a boost leak on my licp coupler to the intercooler. It's been pretty hot and humid but I no longer hear the valve cycling under boost and I seemed to have regained a little boost and power, considering the hot humid weather. I saw nearly 25 psi in 2nd and 25 psi for a moment in 3rd. I hope to hit 26 psi or so once the temps and humidity drop again, similar conditions as to what I was tuned in.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ddlopresti
So i installed a Synapse DV about a year ago and it was working great. I recently coudln't hit full boost and did a boost leak test and the DV was leaking. I switched it to push mode and tested again and it held alot better, anyone had the experience where it leaked in one mode (push or pull) and not the other? Does this mean i should open it up and refresh the seals?
And just like you I had been running my dv for a good year or so now. In the near future I may just order new o-rings for it through Synapse. In the meantime, a teardown, cleaning and regreasing couldn't hurt. Try it out. It doesn't cost you anything but a little time. Inspect those o-rings too. I used some high temp 500+ degree stuff called Green Grease. Got a tube of it at Autozone. The **** I had was not of a high drop point.