Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

loud exaust without deleting cat

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really do wish i could go straight pipe with the o2 dp, would sound amazing but i am not trying to tune my car due to the warranty and god forbid. This is my current daily driver but i am trying to get as much out of it as i can which the exaust was my first mission. Trying to gain ideas. When you add a test pipe you should get a tune. Thats why im most likley gonna go with the v2 extream with the cat to be on the safe side. Anything that is safe enough to run without a tune is the way i need to go. How is your fathers v2 extream with the stock cat under low rpms, is it still loud?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolution13
I really do wish i could go straight pipe with the o2 dp, would sound amazing but i am not trying to tune my car due to the warranty and god forbid. This is my current daily driver but i am trying to get as much out of it as i can which the exaust was my first mission. Trying to gain ideas. When you add a atest pipe you should get a tune. Thats why im most likley gonna go with the v2 extream with the cat to be on the safe side. Anything that is safe enough to run without a tune is the way i need to go. How is your fathers v2 extream with the stock cat under low rpms, is it still loud?
Dude, his car is loud idling. The V2 is a loud exhaust no questions about it. It's a good sounding exhaust also, not just loud and ricey. I vote for the ETS hands down. When I still had my cat and the ETS single straight pipe, my dads v2 dual was still louder. Maybe dual exit is just louder in general? His car with stock cat is not much than mine with the test pipe at all.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
Dude, his car is loud idling. The V2 is a loud exhaust no questions about it. It's a good sounding exhaust also, not just loud and ricey. I vote for the ETS hands down. When I still had my cat and the ETS single straight pipe, my dads v2 dual was still louder. Maybe dual exit is just louder in general? His car with stock cat is not much than mine with the test pipe at all.
How did your father fit the stock cat onto the extream because the extream comes with the straight pipe? Any info would be awesome im very interested in trying this out, from what im gathering from you, it is a loyd exaust even with the stock cat and thats what im looking for. Loudest possible without deleting the cat due to tuning issues cause i dont want to void my warranty
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Why is this so hard to figure out. Let me try

Stock exhaust from the turbo.

Turbo > 02 housing > downpipe > catalytic converter > mid pipe > muffler

Now you want a loud exhaust while keeping the cat. So here you go.

Turbo > 02 housing > downpipe > catalytic converter > ETS mid pipe > ETS V2 Extreme
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Well.. yeah.. why not just get the ETS setup? I didn't know you have to eliminate the cat for the ETS.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
Well.. yeah.. why not just get the ETS setup? I didn't know you have to eliminate the cat for the ETS.
You don't. I ran my ETS V2 Quiet for 3 months on the stock cat before switching to a test pipe. All three ETS exhaust use the same mid pipe.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

I didnt even buy the adapter plate to fit the 3" ets catback. I just removed the heatshield that it bolts up to and no worries. This is very simple stuff.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 02:04 PM

Thank you everyone i was a little confused in the beginning sorry for the misunderstanding!
Old Jul 15, 2015, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
I didnt even buy the adapter plate to fit the 3" ets catback. I just removed the heatshield that it bolts up to and no worries. This is very simple stuff.
I did the same exact thing