Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

And so it begins...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 08:24 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Ford RS or Golf R
I was thinking the same but am leaning toward the center diff and forged aluminum arms. Mitsubishi went all out on the evo and it will be a classic like the Supra. Either now or never since it's the last year and the Focus RS and Golf R will only improve and production will continue. If the final edition is a few grand over the base GSR 36-37K you should get that unless it's way $$.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
I know which dealer you are talking about. They did the same thing with the IX (but price wasn't jacked up quite that high- they were still cheaper than everyone else). It kept me from buying one new and to this day I have always wished I had just ponied up the extra few grand at the time and bought it anyway. Hindsight. Lesson learned at least!
Old Jul 25, 2015, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
And so it begins...

I called every dealership in Florida to get a deal. I wasn't willing to pay msrp either but nobody wanted to give me a deal. Finally, I waited til the last day of the month and went in to rework a deal and ended up getting 2k below msrp plus 2k worth of upgraded wheels and tires and tint thrown in. Keep searching. Good deals are out there.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryEvo
I called every dealership in Florida to get a deal. I wasn't willing to pay msrp either but nobody wanted to give me a deal. Finally, I waited til the last day of the month and went in to rework a deal and ended up getting 2k below msrp plus 2k worth of upgraded wheels and tires and tint thrown in. Keep searching. Good deals are out there.
YES IN THE SOUTH!

lol!!

I dunno OP I'd just one way it out and drive back even if it is 2k miles or something around there. At least the car will be broken in by the time you get home and your wallet won't be lol. (just vary speed and RPM for first 800 then drive normally. Then change SST fluid and oil when you get home and you're golden.

Also you feel like a boss buying a one way ticket somewhere and then driving a badass car home.

Like this is where I got my EVO. They don't go nuts with price and just want to move cars. Isn't this the car you want? lol

http://www.hubmitsubishiofhouston.co...2W5FV1FU007482
Old Jul 25, 2015, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely look outside of your state....FL for example. I got a brand new 2014 base MR for $35.5K. I shipped it to my state and still came out way cheaper then local deals in my area. I would probably look for 2014s though unless you don't want the Recaro seats. As far as Evo X experience there are very few cars that handle and steer as sharply as the Evo. Everything else on the Evo though is way behind its time....something to think about. I still enjoy mine very much , just wished it had more power and the transmission would be more refined.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 08:50 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by JDZNate
Have you thought about a Miata? There's some good deals to be had. They are fun to dive and you would look good cruising down the road in one!
... No. I'd get a s2k before that

Focus RS, wife wants one really bad, we'll see when they come out.

I'm still debating what to do. I don't have a vehicle right now, so it puts constraints on the situation.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
then get a new STI

Old Jul 25, 2015, 05:16 PM
EvoM Community Team

then get a new STI

... ....

I just bought a 2015 Frontier Pro-4x. So at least I have a vehicle to hold me over while I figure out the track car situation

Cheesy grin pic
Attached Thumbnails And so it begins...-img_3339-8.jpg  
Old Jul 25, 2015, 05:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
Now all you need is a big Volcom logo in the back window of the truck to go with all the Volcom logos you are already wearing.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 06:09 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
then get a new STI
Wow, harsh. Maybe go with the S3/Golf R if going auto? Pretty good cars actually. Audi has way better service than Mitsubishi around here. Valet loaners and etc..

Edit: oops just realized you got a new ride. I'm not really a truck person and glad you found something you like. The closest thing to a truck I'd get would be a Porsche Macan, GLA45 or Wranglers.

Last edited by gtr; Jul 25, 2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
nice truck
Old Jul 25, 2015, 07:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by gtr
Maybe go with the S3/Golf R if going auto? Pretty good cars actually.
2016 Golf R is available in manual 6 speed as well.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:02 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by razorlab
Now all you need is a big Volcom logo in the back window of the truck to go with all the Volcom logos you are already wearing.
Nah, all my current sponsors will go on there though. Volcom was an old sponsor, so have a lot of stuff left over. The tough one is JGR is a sponsor right now, so gotta hide the Toyota parts