Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X shook while going into boost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 03:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X shook while going into boost

Hey everyone, I just had the scariest thing happen ever lol. I didn't notice how low my fuel was until right after this happened so I just wanted to confirm something. My car was at about the amount of fuel right before the fuel light comes on. I basically wasn't paying attention to how low my fuel was and when in 4th at around 4000 rpm went into boost, my car shook violently but was still driving. It did this twice because I wanted to see if I could replicate it and it did it again. I then noticed my fuel was low and immediately got a full tank of gas and the problem went away. My friend said he saw tons of black smoke blast out of the back when the car shook. My car was tuned by a pro and runs 26 pounds normally so I just wanted to make sure of something. Did I experience fuel cut because the car had so little fuel? I just wanted people's opinions. Thanks!

btw, I ordered a an AFR and a boost gauge two days ago so I'm just waiting to get them so sadly I couldn't see the AFR at the time.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Fuel cut is more of a violent shock than it is shaking. With fuel cut its like hitting a brick wall. Not good to let your fuel get that low. When mine gets remotely low I drive it like a granny.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
Fuel cut is more of a violent shock than it is shaking. With fuel cut its like hitting a brick wall. Not good to let your fuel get that low. When mine gets remotely low I drive it like a granny.
Yeah it was actually pretty violent..scared the living daylights out of my friend in the car with me and me as well lol. I immediately went and got gas..I normally don't let it get that low. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something else since it stopped right after I put in gas. Thanks

Last edited by MajorMarvel; Jul 26, 2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MajorMarvel
Yeah it was actually pretty violent..scared the living daylights out of my friend in the car with me and me as well lol. I immediately went and got gas..I normally don't let it get that low. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something else since it stopped right after I put in gas. Thanks
Must of been running lean due to lack of gas. You learned a lesson lol.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 12:40 PM

Yes sir lol Thanks for the help
Old Jul 30, 2015, 03:58 PM

Sounds like misfire to me. when 1 out of your 4 cylinders not exploding, they become unbalanced and it shook like hell, also explained the black smoke, that cylinder not firing is spitting fuel out of your exhaust
Pull your plugs and check. I had same issue before, everytime boost hit 10psi it shook, AFR, boost all looks good, turn out one of the plugs is missing a tip already.