Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Finally got my Evo 10 !!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got my Evo 10 !!!

Hey guys I have decided to settle with a 2012 wicked white , 5 speed manual Evo 10 GSR , although I am a bit picky and fussy but I decided to settle down with this car , it has done 62,000km that's the only down side , it would be nicer if the mileage was a bit less , but oh well , it's already hard enough trying to look for a wicked white and 5 speed manual

i was initially looking around under 20,000km but I thought to my self , it's probably better off saving my self some money instead trying to chase those near new Evo 10

So what do you guys think I should do when I got it ? i am defintely going to give it a big groom , anything else I should do ?

Last edited by Malachi101; Jul 28, 2015 at 03:10 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Congrats! I would just do all the fluid changes front and rear diff/transfer case and tranny fluid and some fresh oil. And she should be good to go! I have a 2011 5 spd gsr and its awesome im about 30k miles and no problems so far! I did the evo cocktail for the tranny and wasnt to impressed i would just stick with oem fluid imo.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats on the purchase! Besides what was already recommended would look at contacting a dealer to check for any open recalls to take care of, then would say ENJOY!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
post threads like these in the newbie section
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats! Like the previous poster mentioned, make sure to get all the fluids changed for peace of mind. Also, if it has the stock gsr shift knob, I would recommend getting a weighted one as one of the first mods. It'll do wonders for your shifting.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 07:18 PM

The place I am buying the car from have a inspection and services for my car in Japan , so most likely they will change the engine oil , but I am very picky and I don't know if the engine oil they use is recommended by mitibuishi , so most likely I will do a full service

And yes I heard having a weighted shift knob helps a lot with the shifting , do you guys know any good online store I can buy from that ships world wide ? I am in New Zealand , so far I found this place http://www.evoxparts.com/cart.php it's blackline titanium knob

Last edited by Malachi101; Jul 28, 2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 92 Likes on 77 Posts
Congratz on the Evo. I bet you will love it!

For the shift knob, accept no substitutes other than a Lathe Werks one. It is the standard of the industry.

Things to do other than a full service:

1. mud flaps (to protect rear quarter panel paint)
2. front clear bra if not already installed
3. replace fuel pump relay
4. replace fuel pump regulator hose with a silicon one and strap-tie its both ends
5. check chassis and suspension system rust
6. replace the clutch master cylinder with an aluminium one (like the AMS CMC)
7. inspect wires around the manifold area, replace the cam sensor, and install a cam sensor heat shield
8. inspect the valve cover and if it is a plastic one, replace it with an aluminium valve cover
9. inspect water pump pulleys and if they are plastic, install a pulley upgrade kit (like the Kaizen Tuning Evo X pulley upgrade)
Old Jul 28, 2015, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lightsaber
Congratz on the Evo. I bet you will love it!

For the shift knob, accept no substitutes other than a Lathe Werks one. It is the standard of the industry.

Things to do other than a full service:

1. mud flaps (to protect rear quarter panel paint)
2. front clear bra if not already installed
3. replace fuel pump relay
4. replace fuel pump regulator hose with a silicon one and strap-tie its both ends
5. check chassis and suspension system rust
6. replace the clutch master cylinder with an aluminium one (like the AMS CMC)
7. inspect wires around the manifold area, replace the cam sensor, and install a cam sensor heat shield
8. inspect the valve cover and if it is a plastic one, replace it with an aluminium valve cover
9. inspect water pump pulleys and if they are plastic, install a pulley upgrade kit (like the Kaizen Tuning Evo X pulley upgrade)
Wow ! I don't think I will be doing those just yet , need to make my bank balance look better first , but the shift knob i will go for , http://lathewerks.com/shop/index.php?cPath=4_11 which one do you guys recommend ? I personally like the round one , but I am not sure what weight to go for , 200g or 450g
Old Jul 28, 2015, 08:50 PM

SO much to do with the evo... easy one to knock off the list is the HFC
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:10 PM

Gratz and enjoy!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 05:36 PM

Ok ! Just ordered a lathe werks stainless sphere with a collar for the shift knob !!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 92 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Malachi101
Ok ! Just ordered a lathe werks stainless sphere with a collar for the shift knob !!
You will love it! I have the same one and with the shift pattern itched, and my Evo is so happy that it chases me around the table for me to ride.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Lathe works is not some special knob. While they are nice, my BLOX type r is awesome and well priced. People love TWM but All i see is a waste of money.