Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Noob here:Help with aem wideband underbody connection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob here:Help with aem wideband underbody connection

Good day my fellow evo owners...so first off let me just say i'm finally glad to be part of the evo community ..ok so now down to business
Purchased a RHD UKDM evo x fq 300 sst and i'm just in love with it!

so far i've installed an ARK Performance DTS dual exhaust with an ETS high flow cat test pipe with the optional wideband o2 bung and an AEM wideband O2 UEGO wideband (thanks to all the various threads i've read up on this site for proper installation guys! everything works perfectly!)

But got one problem...after connecting the wideband the connector wire running from the o2 sensor is not long enough to reach into the cabin leaving the connection between the gauge wiring and o2 wiring exposed and drooping underneath the car.

So is this ok?a friend told me that it's weatherproof and just to attach the lines to the body...just wanted to clarify as i have not seen this brought up in any of the various thread i've read through.

Do i need to cut the connection from the o2 sensor and extend the wiring so it gets into the cabin or is it fine there?
If not and it is weather proof(if anybody can clarify this too would be appreciated) any ideas on how i should properly attach the wire to body so it does not catch on anything while driving? and also the grey wire is from the OEM o2 sensor so that would also need to be attached

Thanks for any advice would be greatly appreciated!
P.S sorry for the long read
Attached Thumbnails Noob here:Help with aem wideband underbody connection-2015-07-29-13.21.05.jpg  
Old Jul 30, 2015, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
i guess ur picture is confusing me did you put the aem o2 sensor that reads the afr on the jbend on the test pipe? Because if so yea...thats not where it goes..
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah the WB sensor goes towards the DP and the stock o2 goes in the j-bend. The conection is still outside the cabin but tucked away a little bit.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoa!Thanks guys!switched the the sensors around thanks for looking out!

so attached 2 more pics...and well now the connector is even further way..no way its reaching into the cabin...so questions
1)is this connection weatherproof?
2)if not is there any way i can make it so?or should i get an electrician to make the wiring longer from the o2 sensor?
3)whats a good way to mount these cables(stock o2 sensor and WB) to the body so there is no slack in them?don't wanna be driving along and it hooks up on something lol

thanks again fellas!
Attached Thumbnails Noob here:Help with aem wideband underbody connection-2015-07-30-15.51.20.jpg   Noob here:Help with aem wideband underbody connection-2015-07-30-15.50.44.jpg  
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Yeah, the connector is designed to be weatherproof. Just get it all up and out of the way of anything you might drive over.