Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Bumpy start the first few minutes of driving.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumpy start the first few minutes of driving.

Hey guys, I've noticed something odd recently on my 2014 Evo X GSR. When I first drive after the car has been parked for about 12 hours or more, the first few minutes I can feel a consistent bumping as I drive off. It's hard to explain but it feels more like its from the engine rather then tires or suspension.

I always idle the car for a few minutes before driving if the car has been parked over night or longer, and I never touch boost until I feel the engine has warmed up enough. So this bumpy feeling is always when I granny drive for the first few minutes. Eventually when I leave my neighbourhood and start going a little faster, the bumps slowly go away.

Any ideas?? It's definitely not a harshly bumpy, very minor but still noticeable to me and passengers. Also it's not the road, this happens when leaving my house, work, or somewhere else if my car has been parked for about 12 hours or more.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

an odd issue but would ask for a better symptom description of this "bump" ... does the vehicle hesitate like it wants to stall? Have you launch it? any noises from the vehicle? any MODS? If no mods depending on your mileage would suggest to contact dealer to have them look into it under warranty
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by obake214
an odd issue but would ask for a better symptom description of this "bump" ... does the vehicle hesitate like it wants to stall? Have you launch it? any noises from the vehicle? any MODS? If no mods depending on your mileage would suggest to contact dealer to have them look into it under warranty
There is a bit hesitation after cold starts but nothing extreme, it just feels like the car is struggling a bit to rev higher. And goes away in a few minutes of driving. I attribute the hesitation to the Evo's cold start, when I bought the car it felt like this to, I don't think it's gotten worse.

I have a Cobb TBE and and ap tune, and 17000km. No other mods, and no noises. I have launched the car once, but that was after the problem started.

Before i noticed the bumpy drive, there was a day my left rear tire was around 23 psi after a long highway drive, I don't know how long I was driving with that low pressure, but the full drive was about 3 hours traveling around 120kmh most of the way.

Last edited by jrmck; Aug 1, 2015 at 08:17 AM.