Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

A/C not working after mod install?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C not working after mod install?

Hey guys, I've been roaming the forums for quite a bit but haven't really posted, just looking for some Troubleshooting help, I did a quick search but haven't come across anything helpful so here goes....

I've have my Evo X for about a year and a half now (10,000 miles) and just caught the mod bug really bad. Installed Intake, Intercooler w/ piping, synapse DV, turbo back exhaust with open dump, and an AEM wideband/boost failsafe which i installed using a guide on this forum. I suspect it being the fuse that i used for the positive connection for my gauge its a #13 3rd up from the bottom right hand side of the fuses inside of our cabin. After the installs and tune I noticed the next day that the AC was just blowing hot air, no cold no matter what setting i put it on. I'm not electrically inclined so any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2015, 12:18 PM

After some more trouble shooting I realized that my fan wasn't kicking on when I turn the ac on... Could it be a resistor? I'm still new to this car so I'm still not sure where everything is located.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Did you happen to unplug the AC pressure switch when you were working? If it's open/no pressure, the Compressor and Fan won't kick on.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 08:18 PM

I'll check that out in the morning... thank you!
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I have this happened to me before and come to find out that the alternator wasn't bolt properly by the shop and it was sitting against the A/C line. The vibration shaves off some of the metal and caused leak.

The refrigerant simply disappear at that point, when you have no refrigerant, the A/C blower will not turn on. Check if you have refrigerant leak.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 07:48 PM

I'm couldn't find that switch... i think i'm reading that diagram wrong, is the left part of it the front of the car or the left of the car, i feel so dumb... and here I thought the downpipe was going to be the most frustrating thing in this car

I'm praying its not a refrigerant leak... i guess that would be the next thing to check.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 05:15 AM

I checked my fused, all my fuses are good to go, noticed that the heater does work just not cold ac so checked to see if my system is out of freon. Sure enough its out of freon... I read somewhere that there is a rubbing issue with a hose when putting a new intercooler in but I haven't had the time to get to my shop and check it out myself before going to the stealership. Next thing I will try is the freon with dye...

If anyone can give any insight on where I can buy a/c lines or part numbers, even some photos of the lines I'm talking about under the hood would be awesome!

Once again thanks for help, no AC in the summer is increasingly frustrating.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
After I installed my intercooler I had this issue. There's a wire harness connector (that I think that diagram is showing) that plugs into the AC condenser line. It plugs in on the passenger side.

Here you can see it on the lower left (next to that yellow 'A' sticker).
Old Aug 21, 2015, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by ddawg1130
After I installed my intercooler I had this issue. There's a wire harness connector (that I think that diagram is showing) that plugs into the AC condenser line. It plugs in on the passenger side.

Here you can see it on the lower left (next to that yellow 'A' sticker).
That's the one I was referencing. Too bad about not having any refrigerant left in the system though.

That hard line with the "A" sticker is probably what got rubbed through. You can see it passes closely to the upper IC outlet. There's also the receiver/drier on the driver's side (silver cylinder) which has lines near the IC that could have been nicked or rubbed through. Just pull your bumper and take a look. Either way, it's not going to be a cheap part.

Oh, and do a visual inspection before bothering with the dye.