Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Window Deflectors/Rain guards Products

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Window Deflectors/Rain guards Products

I have recently thought to myself.. I should get some of these. It is not for the rain but i just enjoy how they look.. I used to hate them but now i have seen them on some evo x's and i have now been wonder what different products their are for these cars when it comes to rain guards.. I guess my question would be.. What would be the best (for looks) rain guard on the market right now for the Evo X? Are these just 3M double sided tape?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
All the ones ive every seen are just 3m double sided tape. Seems to work pretty well.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, looks like OEM it is. lol
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought window deflectors for my RA and they make the car looks more elegant so to speak. The dealers ask around 94 dollars, but I got the same ones off of ebay for 67 and were super easy to install.
I was going to get the Weather Tech's slim line deflectors which install in the window seal, but wasn't wanting to pay 114 for them. I think they are a good investment, imo. just set the car off w/o being too gaudy.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
I've got the OEM ones, they stick on with double sided tape, and they all have 2 little brackets that you insert into the rubber moulding around the window to keep them secure. They came with good directions, and were not a difficult install.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the OEM ones too,I bought them from the dealer could have gotten them cheaper from amazon.I think there is a video on installation on youtube.They are a must have accessory imo.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've bought 2 sets so far, one for my Evo X and one for my wife's Galant. Like everyone said it's 3M tape and two hangers. Install job takes about 10-15m, and that's coming from someone who took like 2 days to hook up gauges.... -.-

But yeah I think they look a lot better with rainguards, I know what you mean though ever since I got mine I've been more aware of other type of cars that have rainguards, and majority of them look stupid. Like some of them don't even curve down or not curve enough or have a drastic curve like a canopy, but the evo ones I think look awesome. I got mine also strictly for the looks as well, I still don't crack the windows when it rains.

I got both off eBay for like $60 something from this guy (OEM): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-Sport-VENT-RAIN-GUARD-Visors-EVO-X-/252048070956?hash=item3aaf3c592c&vxp=mtr
Old Aug 26, 2015, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gh3ttoRoM3o
I've bought 2 sets so far, one for my Evo X and one for my wife's Galant. Like everyone said it's 3M tape and two hangers. Install job takes about 10-15m, and that's coming from someone who took like 2 days to hook up gauges.... -.-

But yeah I think they look a lot better with rainguards, I know what you mean though ever since I got mine I've been more aware of other type of cars that have rainguards, and majority of them look stupid. Like some of them don't even curve down or not curve enough or have a drastic curve like a canopy, but the evo ones I think look awesome. I got mine also strictly for the looks as well, I still don't crack the windows when it rains.

I got both off eBay for like $60 something from this guy (OEM): Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sport Vent Rain Guard Visors EVO X | eBay
Yeah this would be strictly for looks. I think it makes the car look a little better. Even though i ALWAYS hated these things.. lol. Anyway, Thanks for passing along the savings bro!!