Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Help need DTC C1210 and C1242, ASC off, ABS and 4wd service needed/warning

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help need DTC C1210 and C1242, ASC off, ABS and 4wd service needed/warning

Getting these DTC codes and warning lights coming on and off for the past week.

Scenario: had the car jacked up for about 4 weeks with all wheels off...during this period i changed SST fluid, transfer case fluid, rear diff gear oil, installed an ARK DTS cat back dual exhaust with a high flow ETS catalytic converter and AEM UEGO wideband O2 sensor and guage...know this shouldn't have taken 4 weeks but time contraints....during this time the battery drained down to about 9 volts recharged it and it's been holding voltage ~12.1 volts with car off and ~13.9 volts with car on

Following the diagnostic procedures it seems to be the g and yaw rate sensor(not 100 % sure yet)

According to the date list reference table:
item 09 G sensor(+: deceleration, -:acceleration) Vehicle stopped should read between -0.11 to +0.11G
This is where it gets a bit confusing as when the codes are not active the g sensor fluctuates between 0 and 0.01G(normal)...with codes on and vehicle off i get -1.27 G reading...so guessing there is a malfunction in g and yaw rate sensor
All other items such as wheel speed sensors etc read normal.

So before i go and buy new sensor (about $500-600 US)
1)where exactly is the sensor located?and how can i perform a check to see if it's still good after i remove it?(the service manual doesn't exactly state where but is it under the the floor console arm rest and behind the floor console cover?)

2)could this be a voltage problem due to battery draining out and having the car on jacks for that period of time?

3)i ran the wire for the aem uego guage from the beneath the driver's seat (RHD drive car so this is where the wiring for one of the stock o2 wires comes through) and through the side floor console covers...don't think this should be the issue cuz the wires don't touch anything or pull on anything that seems to be close to the g and yaw rate sensor but thought i would mention it.

4)Could it be an alignment issue?Aftermarket ark exhaust?Anything else?doesn't seem to be a common issue as i can't find anything on this sensor going bad.

Or any other things you guys think could cause this malfunction?
Sorry for the essay btw but i've just only purchased the car about 2 months now and barely had time to drive it until now after dealing with other minor frustrating issues with the car and now this.... so any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
Doesn't seem to be a common issue so want to make sure it's this before i do anything...
And well mitsu in my country does not sell the evo x and never has so no warranty and all parts would have to special ordered.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just did a next scan engine off ignition on and DTCs pulled:
c1210 straight g sensor input circuit Active

c1242 straight g sensor signal Stored

c2204 sensor cluster internal error Active

u1428 sensor cluster active(CAN message) Active

also some data stream values
G sensor -1.27 G
G sensor offset 0 G
power supply voltage 11.60 V
power supply voltage (input) 11.80 V
lateral g sensor 0.01 G
lateral g sensor offset -0.00 G
yaw rate sensor 0 deg/s
yaw rate sensor offset 0 deg/s

checked battery voltage with voltmeter and got 11.60 V soit's not holding a charge last night read 12.10 V gonna clear the codes change out to a new red top optima(model 34)...should i perform the calibration of the G and yaw rate sensor to make ASC-ECU relearn the neutral point once the codes do not show up after the battery change and the g sensor is reading within normal values or is this not necessary?

Last edited by trinibt65; Aug 31, 2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Change one thing at a time.

Change the battery, see what happens, then change something else if that doesn't help.