Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Opinions on COBB Accessport and Downpipe Install

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there, I just wanted to express my thoughts on my Cobb Accessport and if its really worth it to get one or not. Maybe this will help out some of the new Evo X owners out there. In all honesty, when i first installed my AP, I didn't see much of a change in power AT ALL with just my AMS Catback on the car. I was pretty disappointed at the fact that this $500 piece did not make any change in power to the car. What i did like was that I had endless amounts of gauges to pick from and it smoothed out the idle of the car, but did create rev hang on my car (RPMS take about 15 seconds to drop down after revving). This past weekend I installed a Tomei Downpipe and Depo Racing High Flow Cat, and bumped up the AP to stage 2 93 octane. The sound is incredible but the power difference is awesome! Its very noticeable and i feel like the car would not run well if i installed these parts without the AP. I do have an appointment scheduled for a Dyno Tune with EFI Logics in Bethel CT in a couple weeks, which will obviously make the real difference. To get to the point, I just wanted to say that I do think the Cobb AP is worth it in the end, especially because you can read almost every aspect of the car on the endless options of gauges this piece gives you. If anyone has any other things to add that would be great, as I'm sure a lot of people new to Evo's are wondering if they should get the Accessport. Also, stay tuned for numbers on the Dyno, will be posting them September 8th. Super pumped
Old Aug 31, 2015, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Question

First things first wrong section. secondly sell your AP and switch to open source
Old Aug 31, 2015, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started out with a COBB AP with just a catback and intake. Thought it ran better than stock. But then when I went open source with a dyno tune and 3 port, oh man it felt like an entirely different driving experience. I did really enjoy the easy logging features on the AP though.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by e_kobz
First things first wrong section. secondly sell your AP and switch to open source
What do you need for open source?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AngryEvo
What do you need for open source?
Tactrix OpenPort ( http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?opt...id=6&Itemid=53 )

ECUFlash ( http://www.evoscan.com/free-ecu-rom-downloads )

EvoScan ( http://www.evoscan.com/ )