Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

(EVO X) ETS V2 Quiet Catback Review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2015, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking (EVO X) ETS V2 Quiet Catback Review

Hello fellow evom members! Just wanted to post a review on the ETS V2 Quiet Catback (just the catback attached to stock cat / downpipe)
Im posting this review because I haven't found any reviews with just the catback.

My car - 2014 Evo X GSR with 10k miles, no engine, bolt-ons or exhaust mods on it beside this new catback!

Sound - This exhaust sounds amazing, its a deep and throaty tone that is very pleasing to the ears. All the youtube videos don't do it justice either, i think it sounds even better in person. It sounds how the evo x should have come from the factory to be honest. We all know that ETS makes a great sounding exhaust so what about the volume level? So as the name of the exhaust suggests (Quiet) this exhaust is a perfect daily driver level of volume. Not to loud, not to soft. WOT sounds great, loud enough to turn heads but not to loud to attract the wrong kind of attention. Cruising is a little louder then stock but nothing annoying. When on the highway there is no drone at all which was exactly what i was looking for. It will done a little though if your above 85-90 on the highway (fifth gear 4500-5000 rpm but that's kinda expected)

Quality - The quality of this exhaust is amazing. Welds are flawless and are basically art. Could have just looked at them all day and not installed it

Fitment- So fitment of this exhaust was spot on, tips are perfectly centered and basically nothing rubs. The only thing that touches is the left muffler part to the end of the plastic of the rear diffuser. It barely touches though and really don't see its being a problem. Its not visible at all though can only be seen from underneath the car. It can also be easily fixed with a small trimming. If you are installing just the catback to the stock cat then you will have to trim the heat shield around the cat to fit the midpipe. This is really easy to do if you have metal shears as the heat shield is a very thin metal. I used curved metal shears and a metal file and it came out beautiful.

Final Thoughts - So overall i'd give this exhaust 10/10. Sound is exactly what i was looking for, its perfect for daily driving, and it looks great. Really everything i could have wanted. I can see this exhaust being perfect to build on as well (adding hfc or test pipe and down pipe) if you want more power or volume which i plan on doing in the future when i have more money saved . Only disappointment i had with this system was that mine didn't come with two new exhaust bolts for the midpipe to cat connection. Really not a big deal stock ones worked fine just cleaned them and reused them.

So big shout out and thanks to ETS for making a great quality exhaust and MAP for who I ordered this exhaust through!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks but I think we already know its a good exhaust. I think everyone and their mother runs this exhaust
Old Sep 9, 2015, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Add a test pipe and it'll sound even better
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info. I've been out of the EVO game since 2008 so this little reviewed helped.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Yep I have this too and couldn't be happier. Everyone who's afraid that the V2 Quiet is actually quiet, needs to hear one in person. Perfect rumble and growl on acceleration.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

ETS should really consider renaming the exhaust as "ETS V2 regular". It would clear up confusion from people thinking it will make their car sound like a prius.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 04:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got the ETS quiet with test pipe and the sound is just perfect!
Old Sep 10, 2015, 04:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
(EVO X) ETS V2 Quiet Catback Review

Originally Posted by Trifling
Got the ETS quiet with test pipe and the sound is just perfect!
How's the smell with the test pipe?
Old Sep 10, 2015, 05:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryEvo
How's the smell with the test pipe?
gassy
Old Sep 10, 2015, 08:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. Our V2 Quiet is one of my favorite exhaust systems for the Evo X.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Sep 10, 2015, 07:13 PM

invidia q300!
Old Sep 11, 2015, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by MisterRegato
Thanks but I think we already know its a good exhaust. I think everyone and their mother runs this exhaust
I know alot of people know that ETS makes a great quality product, I just didn't see any that were just the cat back. I wanted to just let people know how it sounds and some of the different install operations that this catback requires. Its not a cheap mod to do and my goal was to kind of reassure and inspire confidence in the next person looking for just a great catback exhaust