Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2014-2015 Recall

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2014 Evo MR and I got the recall. Dealer replaced the cable & it only took about an hour and a half. Gas tank was fine.

FYI: Mitsu did not authorize a loaner car for just the cable. If they have to replace/fix the tank then they'll give you a car.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by evoxsteez
I would still take It in.
Has anyone got this done yet? It says it takes 1.5 hours not sure how true this is. And is this a fairly simple job? I'm debating if I should drive out 2 hours to a better dealership because I do not trust the one in my town.
Evoxsteez-I'm nearby you as well. Who were you thinking about taking it to. The dealership near you told me it has to be done on a weekday. Minimum 3.5hrs of work.

The dealer in SJ where I'm near told me weekday only, they need to call tech line for assistance and would need my car for several days while parts are obtained-no loaner offered.

All of them sound shady-I'm VERY VERY hesitant to do this. I may have the local tuner shop just keep an eye on it. The quality of servicers in this area just plain sucks.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Boost Limit
Evoxsteez-I'm nearby you as well. Who were you thinking about taking it to. The dealership near you told me it has to be done on a weekday. Minimum 3.5hrs of work.

The dealer in SJ where I'm near told me weekday only, they need to call tech line for assistance and would need my car for several days while parts are obtained-no loaner offered.

All of them sound shady-I'm VERY VERY hesitant to do this. I may have the local tuner shop just keep an eye on it. The quality of servicers in this area just plain sucks.

Yeah I heard SJ sucks. I'm going to call up the dealership in Salinas(where I'm at) and see what they say if not I heard the next best bet would be Oakland Mitsu or all the way in LA It says in the letter sent out that it's only a 1.5 hour job. I don't get why they hire mechanics that can't do jobs as simple as this. Anyway I might just bite the bullet and take it here in Salinas, just seems like a hassle to drive out 2 hours or even 5 hours for this.

EDIT: dropping my car off Friday morning in Salinas. I'll let you know how it goes lol guy said 3-4 hours, parts are in stock

Last edited by evoxsteez; Oct 27, 2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 02:54 PM

Dropped off at 8am got a call that it was ready at 1pm. Everything went well besides a couple scratches on the center console which isn't a big deal to me.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 03:28 AM

I have a 2014 Evo and had this completed. It really doesn't take long. 1.5 hours is about right. If you do need a fuel tank replacement/repair Mitsu will give you a loaner.

oops. I realize I posted twice!