Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

what to clean and reaplace when rebuilding motor with spun rod bearings

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
what to clean and reaplace when rebuilding motor with spun rod bearings

So i am getting my motor built right now!!!!!!!

long story short oil light came on one night found it had no oil in it so i filled it back up drove it home checked it again was little low filled it back up took to shop less then 8 miles away and parked it till i could get to it. finailly got to it and found out oil feed line for stock frame turbo broke.
so fixed all that. later i was getting a noise sounded like a metal shield i could not find out, so we said something in the bottom is bad we thought wrist pin since it was not a clunk. so i parked the car started saving for am motor build.
fast fwd to now and drained the oil it was clean i was pretty excited about that, pulled motor out dropped off at machine shop and they said it had two spun rod bearings.
so i have a brand new oil pump, new oil cooler, oil pan was cleaned out.
bought a brand new crank as well machine shop said with this build it would be a better idea to have a crank that does not need oversized bearings.

so question is the vvt gear and the vvt solenoid what do you guys do with them when a motor gets metal in it do you clean them out or replace them?

is there anything else i need to clean or replace just to make sure everything is clean and ready for the new found power.......
Old Oct 14, 2015, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the oil feed to the turbo broke then you may want to have the turbo looked at as well. Any oil lines will need to be cleaned out/replaced (cooler lines, etc.) as well.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Geno750
If the oil feed to the turbo broke then you may want to have the turbo looked at as well. Any oil lines will need to be cleaned out/replaced (cooler lines, etc.) as well.

lol thanks but it has brand new turbo and turbo kit on it and new cooler with new lines

main concern was mivec cam gears and solenoids or if anything in the motor i am forgetting
Old Oct 15, 2015, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
here's a good reference thread http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=317721
Old Oct 16, 2015, 04:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MisterRegato

lol thanks thats my thread as well