Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

New to evo x mr got ?'s

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New to evo x mr got ?'s

2012 X MR 14,500 miles .
Just got my evo a few days ago. discovered s-sport mode and looked up launch control. I turn my AYC off and put it in 1st in manual shift mode... hold the brake and rev for launch. before i even get to 3500 rpm i get a tranny over heat alert. I read I should be able to launch at 5000 to 5500 rpm. this is going on right after i start the car not after driving it hard and it does it immediately. Also earlier i was getting on the on ramp and spooled turbo and went to take off and it dropped my rpm by 2000 and did a lagg/delay thing then hooked up. No mods completely stock. still have just under 50k on factory warranty. don't know if this is normal never had an evo before i love it but want to make sure its not messed up. Also a knocking comes when you let off gas too quick thinking its torque on motor mounts or back pressure in exhaust. Maybe im just paranoid but want to adress problems if they do exist immediately.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't own an MR but I have friends that do, and all the things you stated in your post do not sound normal lol sounds like your car is about to break down at any time.

2012 with only 14,500 miles? With all these issues you're stating it sounds a bit sketch why the previous driver gave up the car with such little miles... Either the driver never drove the damn car - and when he did he drove it to sh*t or he gave it up because he knew the car was going to Sh*t lol

My advice would be to get a complete check up for any issues so you know your own car before you really start to drive it.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
make sure to completely turn it all off hold for 10 seconds. Also smash your brake as hard as ya can i mean really mash it because if you dont the car doesnt know youre trying to launch. Should work
Old Oct 30, 2015, 08:58 AM

it was a girl that owned it before and i know where she bought it. never had mods done to it but thought it was weird i couldn't launch like ive seen in videos. it says tranny over heat before i try to launch and doesnt want to rev.... hmmm i will try again. i work at a dealership but not a Mitsubishi dealership.. does this sound like factory warranty would cover it? What issues could it be?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012XSSTMR
2012 X MR 14,500 miles .
Just got my evo a few days ago. discovered s-sport mode and looked up launch control. I turn my AYC off and put it in 1st in manual shift mode... hold the brake and rev for launch. before i even get to 3500 rpm i get a tranny over heat alert. I read I should be able to launch at 5000 to 5500 rpm. this is going on right after i start the car not after driving it hard and it does it immediately. Also earlier i was getting on the on ramp and spooled turbo and went to take off and it dropped my rpm by 2000 and did a lagg/delay thing then hooked up. No mods completely stock. still have just under 50k on factory warranty. don't know if this is normal never had an evo before i love it but want to make sure its not messed up. Also a knocking comes when you let off gas too quick thinking its torque on motor mounts or back pressure in exhaust. Maybe im just paranoid but want to adress problems if they do exist immediately.

hit asc once, then hit it again and hold for 3sec it will say AYC brake Off. Then your Lil flipper by the e-brake, flip it to sport, then push it up and hold it again for 3secs and it will goto s-sport.

goto wherever you safely want to launch, hold brake, smash the gas to the floor, watch your rps shoot to 5000+rpm and let off the brake and hold on.

Tip : for first time use, make sure you are in auto mode, dont shift yourself, as you will most likely redline it and bounce off limiter
Old Oct 30, 2015, 09:00 AM

car appears to be well taken care of. havn't had turbo do that again yet. don't know if it was cause roads were wet??? i also made sure ayc was completely off
Old Oct 30, 2015, 09:01 AM

any tunes that don't void warranty?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

any tunes that don't void warranty?
ANY f**king around with the ECU voids warranty.....

as does adding any non-stock parts....

The only way to guarantee warranty coverage is to stay 100% stock.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 09:08 AM

ok cool im still 100% stock. my GM said Mitsubishi used to tune evo's as part of the pdi ( Pre Delivery Inspection) before you took it home... but i will leave stock for another 50k
Old Oct 30, 2015, 09:09 AM

whats the difference between the touring and regular mr? interior package?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

whats the difference between the touring and regular mr? interior package?
Full Leather, sunroof, heated seats, extra sound deadening, scuff plates
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Yea this thing sounds like its having problems...suxs hopefully the tranny isn't junk. Just because its stock and owned by a girl means nothing really..
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
Yea this thing sounds like its having problems...suxs hopefully the tranny isn't junk. Just because its stock and owned by a girl means nothing really..
Yeah exactly my point, Hopefully the drivetrain isn't junk either. Get it checked out ASAP op