Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

opinions what to do when I put mods on

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2015, 06:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
opinions what to do when I put mods on

So this coming week (friday) im planning on putting all my bolt ons on and then getting tuned at cobb plano on sat. A buddy of mine said when he put his bolt ons on he just babied the car and didn't go into boost while he drove the car to cobb for his tune. My buddy told me to do the same and I would be ok. Also a mechanic in my area that I trust with my car told me the same thing that when I put my bolt ons on and as long as I stay out of boost and baby the car to the tuner I will be ok.

Mods going on car:
ETS uicp and licp
ETS ic
AMS DP
ETS TP
ETS v2 extreme
ETS intake
Grimmspeed ebcs

Would like some other opinions on it. Im not wanting to have to pay for a motor rebuild so im just looking for opinions on it. My other option is to get a uhaul trailer and trailer the car to the tuner. It would be a hassle to have to trailer it but I might be able to get it done if I have to.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 07:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Does your insurance offer free towing? Or do you or a friend have AAA? Thats what i did free tow usually for 100 to 150 miles
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'll be fine dont over think it just stay away from WOT and full boosting. With those mods you dont need to trailer your car and spend extra $$$. I pretty much did the same bolt ons when I first got my tune and had to drive it about 30 miles to the tuner. Only thing I had to wait on was installing the injectors when I got to the shop cause scaling and idle. Good luck on your tune and watch as your car feels 10x better.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by SVPxTuRbO
You'll be fine dont over think it just stay away from WOT and full boosting. With those mods you dont need to trailer your car and spend extra $$$. I pretty much did the same bolt ons when I first got my tune and had to drive it about 30 miles to the tuner. Only thing I had to wait on was installing the injectors when I got to the shop cause scaling and idle. Good luck on your tune and watch as your car feels 10x better.
I definitely cant wait.. I figured I would be fine. maybe I was just over thinking it.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only mod that scares me on that list is the EBCS. Be very careful to not go into boost
Old Oct 31, 2015, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I installed new injectors and a fuel pump and filled up e85 the day of my tune before I drove about 30 minutes to my tuner..you shouldn't have any issues, like everyone else said just becareful going into boost with that boost controller.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Personally I would go ahead and install everything but the EBCS, drive there then just sit in there parking lot for like 5m and install the EBCS when I get there. It's literally like a 5-10m job.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by elkazX
I installed new injectors and a fuel pump and filled up e85 the day of my tune before I drove about 30 minutes to my tuner..you shouldn't have any issues, like everyone else said just becareful going into boost with that boost controller.

i see that you have some dsg fortune auto coils. what do you think about them? im looking into maybe getting some
Old Oct 31, 2015, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Gh3ttoRoM3o
Personally I would go ahead and install everything but the EBCS, drive there then just sit in there parking lot for like 5m and install the EBCS when I get there. It's literally like a 5-10m job.
ya i was thinking of doing that also. it doesnt seem like a very hard job to do. and cobb said they would charge me 80 to do it which is ridiculous
Old Oct 31, 2015, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

I tried staying out of boost as I was driving to my tuner, but because of driving conditions, it wasn't possible for me to stay out of it completely on my drive there. Just something to keep in mind.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoX267
i see that you have some dsg fortune auto coils. what do you think about them? im looking into maybe getting some
I love em. they ride so smooth and nice, and theres a huge range of ride height adjustment, stiffness settings, etc. Nice that they come with swift springs as well, but I've autox'ed a couple times on them and they feel really good and I also daily my car and the suspension is one thing that doesn't bother me
Old Oct 31, 2015, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It's like 40 bucks to rent a uhaul car transport if you are concerned and have access to a towing vehicle.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by elkazX
I love em. they ride so smooth and nice, and theres a huge range of ride height adjustment, stiffness settings, etc. Nice that they come with swift springs as well, but I've autox'ed a couple times on them and they feel really good and I also daily my car and the suspension is one thing that doesn't bother me

how long did it take for you to get them? i heard that they are made to order
Old Nov 2, 2015, 08:25 AM

Just like what others have stated, you will be fine other the ebcs. How far is the drive from your location? Btw, are you only getting tuned on pump gas? It would be great also if you E85.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 08:32 AM

yeah man like the all said, don't worry to much, just stay out of boost you will be alright.

Quick Reply: opinions what to do when I put mods on