Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Best DD clutch?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best DD clutch?

Mods sorry if this is in the wrong section!

I currently have an Exedy stage 2 clutch and its the worst clutch ive ever used. I am planning to change my clutch ASAP and i need to know the best daily driving clutch that would be similiar to OEM. The exedy makes like a rubbing/grinding metal sound when trying to go from a stop on an incline, and it has like 1 inch of play room or youll stall it. Very high pedal engagement as well. I have called MAP and they recommended the ACT ME3 HDSS or Comp Stage 2. Car has basic bolt ons making 330ish and i need longevity. Does anyone have any experiences on these? Any noises? Vibrations? Difficulty in stop and go traffic? Feedback would be appreciated!
Old Dec 13, 2015, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Have you removed your clutch pill to see if that makes your current clutch 'feel' better?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Have you removed your clutch pill to see if that makes your current clutch 'feel' better?
Pill is removed. Shifting feels buttery smooth specially with the redline cocktail, its just the getting going from stop that bothers me.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris725
Pill is removed. Shifting feels buttery smooth specially with the redline cocktail, its just the getting going from stop that bothers me.
Ah cool, yeah then you need a different clutch lol. Buddy I think has the same one you do and hates it for similar reasons. MR here so I can't offer much
Old Dec 13, 2015, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
what power level?
Stockish power = the stock clutch or exedy stage 1 organic , beyond and under 500whp the Exedy twin. Over that I have clue.

ACT is in my experience a worst clutch I have ever used.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
what power level?
Stockish power = the stock clutch or exedy stage 1 organic , beyond and under 500whp the Exedy twin. Over that I have clue.

ACT is in my experience a worst clutch I have ever used.
330ish
Old Dec 13, 2015, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I found the stage two and the stage one felt different for me. I had a stage two in my car before I didn't like it. The Exedy organic feels much like the stock but holds more power. Very subtle clutch . I liked it.

Now the thing is if you want more power later then you should think getting something which holds more power. Clutch job is not cheap and you don't want to do it twice. I am guessing
So I always recommend the Exedy twin. But it is a loud clutch! when its not engaged at idle from outside you will hear a little rattle sound. Also can be a little trickier at the beginning for some.
Other then that is a stellar clutch. smaller diameter as the stock , comes with a fly wheel etc. Very friendly I just love it.
DO yourself and for a car a favor, and don't do ACT what so ever.
This would be my feed back on clutch.
at least you have one now