Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Keep My Ralliart or Go Used or New Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryEvo
Sounds like you cannot realistically afford one if anything changes. Save up and buy a house or condo man and get outta moms house! lol
AngryEvo is right again.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AngryEvo
Sounds like you cannot realistically afford one if anything changes. Save up and buy a house or condo man and get outta moms house! lol
Well I can definitely see your point on that. I'm just having a hard time passing up an Evo when I know they're gonna be gone in a couple years. I'm only 20 though so not rushing to get out of the house really yet either. Would you say I don't have to worry about the RA's condition and more maintenance currently? Cause the main reason I would get rid of it would be cause of higher repair costs and the possibility of something big going on it. If you don't think anything like that is a worry I'll just hold on to it.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Look man, your on the Evo forum. We all bought our Evo or Evos because we would choose them over most if not all cars in this price range. Sit down figure out what make sense. If you wanna struggle to afford the car then go for it. I did it few years back, it was worth it in my eyes. But not in everyone's. You can't compare the Evo to the RA. They are both in their own leagues.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by nismo n9ne
Look man, your on the Evo forum. We all bought our Evo or Evos because we would choose them over most if not all cars in this price range. Sit down figure out what make sense. If you wanna struggle to afford the car then go for it. I did it few years back, it was worth it in my eyes. But not in everyone's. You can't compare the Evo to the RA. They are both in their own leagues.
I'll have to do that, sit down and think about it. I wasn't trying to compare the two though. I'm just a little curious if anyone knows if there are parts that seem to fail on the RA around this mileage cause that would definitely impact whether or not i get an Evo now or wait.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KyleR711
I'll have to do that, sit down and think about it. I wasn't trying to compare the two though. I'm just a little curious if anyone knows if there are parts that seem to fail on the RA around this mileage cause that would definitely impact whether or not i get an Evo now or wait.
Go ask the RA guys if that is your main concern. Wouldn't that be the smarter way to go? If a decision to spend money is this difficult, then you shouldn't. Enjoy the Ralliart.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:07 PM

Once again, I appreciate everyone's input. What do you guys think of going with a used Evo instead of brand new? Found one with 18K mi and about $10K less. here's the link if you want to check it out. I still kinda dont like the idea of a used Evo just because idk the previous drivers driving habits but for that much less....I feel a lot more comfortable making the purchase to be honest.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...965/overview/#
Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
Go ask the RA guys if that is your main concern. Wouldn't that be the smarter way to go? If a decision to spend money is this difficult, then you shouldn't. Enjoy the Ralliart.
I agree with your statement, which made me reconsider that purchase. The RA is just getting a bit too old for my comfort as to why I'm looking to trade in. I found a used Evo for much cheaper and I am thinking on going that route now. Check out my last post and lmk what you think. Thank you for all of your opinions in this thread.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Once again, I appreciate everyone's input. What do you guys think of going with a used Evo instead of brand new? Found one with 18K mi and about $10K less. here's the link if you want to check it out. I still kinda dont like the idea of a used Evo just because idk the previous drivers driving habits but for that much less....I feel a lot more comfortable making the purchase to be honest.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...965/overview/#

I'm a big used car fan. The Evo is just hard to find one that wasn't abused. Good luck with your search. I just bought an se with 20k miles for 25k
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by nismo n9ne
I'm a big used car fan. The Evo is just hard to find one that wasn't abused. Good luck with your search. I just bought an se with 20k miles for 25k
You have any pointers on what to look for on one?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Well I can definitely see your point on that. I'm just having a hard time passing up an Evo when I know they're gonna be gone in a couple years. I'm only 20 though so not rushing to get out of the house really yet either. Would you say I don't have to worry about the RA's condition and more maintenance currently? Cause the main reason I would get rid of it would be cause of higher repair costs and the possibility of something big going on it. If you don't think anything like that is a worry I'll just hold on to it.
YOU'RE 20 YOU'RE 2 YEARS PAST GETTING THE **** OUT OF YOUR PARENTS HOUSE.

You know your parents had a life and fun before you latched onto their teat right? Maybe they want you the **** out so they can use their disposable income that YOU CONSUME to enjoy the twilight years of their lives?

I never understand self entitled people like you. Going out and getting sports cars while Mom and Dad let you mooch when you're old enough to join the army and vote?

**** that.

I left of my own volition at I think 19? The thought never crossed my mind to hang out there into my 20's to get cars and ****. What do you tell chicks when you meet them? TAKE OFF UR SHOEZ DON'T WANT TO WAKE UP MAH PAREN...I MEAN ROOMMATEZ!!

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3249144089/

Cars will come and go, trust me this isn't the only car that you have to have at any cost. Get out of your ****ing house, build a life, then get a fun car.

P.S. If your mommy still does your laundry I'm going to ****ing spew.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

I'd get that Evo if you can comfortably afford the payments. Looks clean and way less miles than your RA. Time for a fun car is right now with no real commitment's such as a house, family ect. Not sure if you've noticed but they are phasing out fun cars that are reasonably priced. Get it now and go to meets, cruises, race while you still can!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
YOU'RE 20 YOU'RE 2 YEARS PAST GETTING THE **** OUT OF YOUR PARENTS HOUSE.

You know your parents had a life and fun before you latched onto their teat right? Maybe they want you the **** out so they can use their disposable income that YOU CONSUME to enjoy the twilight years of their lives?

I never understand self entitled people like you. Going out and getting sports cars while Mom and Dad let you mooch when you're old enough to join the army and vote?

**** that.

I left of my own volition at I think 19? The thought never crossed my mind to hang out there into my 20's to get cars and ****. What do you tell chicks when you meet them? TAKE OFF UR SHOEZ DON'T WANT TO WAKE UP MAH PAREN...I MEAN ROOMMATEZ!!

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3249144089/

Cars will come and go, trust me this isn't the only car that you have to have at any cost. Get out of your ****ing house, build a life, then get a fun car.

P.S. If your mommy still does your laundry I'm going to ****ing spew.

Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

You're young and can't even make a decision. Whatever we say you come back with more explanations. You're not going to take any of our advice. Do what you want. Live in your mom's basement or don't. Buy the Evo, or don't. New or used. Keep the Ralliart. Good luck.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
Cursing isn't being mad, it's stating things with emphasis and hilarity.

Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Harsh much fellas? Maybe there are reasons he can't move out. You guys don't know his story no reason to judge or tell him he needs to get the **** out.

OP- you can look for a few things. Buy one from an owner that has had the car it's entire life. Get the back story. Some people will return the car to stock to trade it in. Once it's on the dealers lot they usually don't have much of a back story. Good luck with your search.

If you have questions you can pm me I'll do my best to help.

Quick Reply: Keep My Ralliart or Go Used or New Evo?