Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Any reputable shops in ct and tri state area? I need a new clutch installed on my evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any reputable shops in ct and tri state area? I need a new clutch installed on my evo

Any reputable shops in ct and tri state area? I need a new clutch installed on my evo x.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 05:40 PM

E-Spec in Deerpark Long Island.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by the 10th 1dr
E-Spec in Deerpark Long Island.
nah, they have ****ty customer service. pmed them twice and they didnt respond. they signed on 3 times since i sent the pm's.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by evoxisking
nah, they have ****ty customer service. pmed them twice and they didnt respond. they signed on 3 times since i sent the pm's.
You judge a shop based on if they answer PM's on a message board?

Wut?

Pick up the phone and talk to a ****ing human.

Wow.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
You judge a shop based on if they answer PM's on a message board?

Wut?

Pick up the phone and talk to a ****ing human.

Wow.

Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by evoxisking
Ooo Boy... Here we go. Let me ask you this. Have you read the comment out loud to yourself? E-Spec is a damn good shop. They don't need me on here vouching for them. Do your own research.

To say that any shop, which gets paid to work on cars and not to answer your private messages over the Internet, has poor customer service and you have never been to the shop is ridiculous. Before you start being negative you should have all your facts and evidence together. Not answering your private messages over the Internet does not qualify as evidence that a shop has poor customer service.

Have you ever worked in a shop before? Ran a shop before? Unless you have a dedicated person to run a site, it is not a priority to answer forum messages after you have worked on cars for 10 hrs or have been tuning cars for 10 hrs. At the end of your day you just want to go home and relax with family.

Don't pass judgement on anyone unless you have walked a mile in their shoes.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
On the flip side to that anyone who runs a reputable shop should have someone who strictly answers phones, emails, forum messages etc shouldn't they?
It's just potential business down the drain.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
+1 for E-Spec for that area. No other shops around there I'd go to.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by AngryEvo
On the flip side to that anyone who runs a reputable shop should have someone who strictly answers phones, emails, forum messages etc shouldn't they?
The only thing a reputable shop SHOULD have is work that speaks for itself. Everything else is just convenience.

Is it nice to have all that, sure it is. But I can tell you what, when I am in 4th wot at 6k rpm, the first thing I am worried about is whether or not the shop put my car together right and not if they responded to my forum message.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

And if they hadn't have communicated with you they wouldn't have done the work in the first place. You get the point. We get that you are a staunch supporter, but I don't like when businesses don't respond too so I can see where he is coming from.
I also understand your side too, kinda, I guess. I ask Cobb, or cbrd, or ets a question and get a reply within a day.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by the 10th 1dr
Ooo Boy... Here we go. Let me ask you this. Have you read the comment out loud to yourself? E-Spec is a damn good shop. They don't need me on here vouching for them. Do your own research.

To say that any shop, which gets paid to work on cars and not to answer your private messages over the Internet, has poor customer service and you have never been to the shop is ridiculous. Before you start being negative you should have all your facts and evidence together. Not answering your private messages over the Internet does not qualify as evidence that a shop has poor customer service.

Have you ever worked in a shop before? Ran a shop before? Unless you have a dedicated person to run a site, it is not a priority to answer forum messages after you have worked on cars for 10 hrs or have been tuning cars for 10 hrs. At the end of your day you just want to go home and relax with family.

Don't pass judgement on anyone unless you have walked a mile in their shoes.

Old Dec 23, 2015, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Exactly, some of the forum trolls act like pm's are not a serious form of communication. That's how vendors and private sellers communicate on the forum, and get things sold.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

tell you what. If you determine a shops worth by how long it takes them to respond on a public forum, you are probably the type of person I don't want as a customer if I were the shop. Just my opinion.
On topic, I've had great luck with my prior Evos using EFI logics in CT and Sean Ivey in NJ. Neither is cheap, but they do good work. Depends on what your priorities are.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 05:33 PM

And if they hadn't have communicated with you they wouldn't have done the work in the first place. You get the point. We get that you are a staunch supporter, but I don't like when businesses don't respond too so I can see where he is coming from.
I also understand your side too, kinda, I guess. I ask Cobb, or cbrd, or ets a question and get a reply within a day.
Well there you have it. Your only way of communication consists of Internet forums. Mine consists of picking up a phone or talkin in person. I am a staunch supporter of great work and you are one of forum responses. Different strokes, different folks.
#Espec#numbersdontliecheckthescoreboard
Old Dec 23, 2015, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dandbest
tell you what. If you determine a shops worth by how long it takes them to respond on a public forum, you are probably the type of person I don't want as a customer if I were the shop. Just my opinion.
On topic, I've had great luck with my prior Evos using EFI logics in CT and Sean Ivey in NJ. Neither is cheap, but they do good work. Depends on what your priorities are.
It's been days, and espec signed on a bunch of times, no response. Probably best not deal with him, looks to be a dodgy character. I've heard nothing but good things about efi. Their on the expensive side, might be worth going to them, or mitsu.

Quick Reply: Any reputable shops in ct and tri state area? I need a new clutch installed on my evo