Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Pix no carpet no center divider

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pix no carpet no center divider

I am curious if anyone has removed all their carpet, hid all the wiring, and removed the center console while make it all look nice?

I have the metal shifter cage, figure I can powder coat it anodized red like my roll bar. Prob also get a nicer looking e brake. And figure a way to hide as much wiring as I can and the rest make look nice.

I want to do something like this but looking for pictures of an X with a similar look.

Thank you
Old Jan 16, 2016, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ummm, we have no carpet or center pieces, and a full FIA cage, but we aren't trying to hide wires or paint things. Do you want pictures of what it looks like? It looks like hell, because racecar. But let me know and I can post them up.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnr352
ummm, we have no carpet or center pieces, and a full FIA cage, but we aren't trying to hide wires or paint things. Do you want pictures of what it looks like? It looks like hell, because racecar. But let me know and I can post them up.

Yeah, lets see em'
Old Jan 18, 2016, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea I wouldn't mind seeing them. What my end goal is for the car is Racecar looks inside but clean inside. I do track as much as possible but it's also my DD. I like the look of no carpet and floor painted to match the exterior. I saw a Miata once that was like that and it looked pretty good. I was planning on doing something with the shifter as well since I have the metal cage so it looks nice and you can see the internals. Plus with no center divider it will be much easier to get the harness on at the track.

I know, crazy but I don't mind the noise. I actually enjoy it.