Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Looking for a very quiet cutback exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for a very quiet cutback exhaust

I'm wondering what options are available that will give me a VERY quiet exhaust note while still freeing up back pressure. I realize a straight pipe is going to give me the most free flowing option but I'm looking for the most power and the least noise. Is there a way to get this free flow and be quiet at the same time? Thanks for the help in advance.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 07:32 PM

I look forward to hearing the feedback. I've been beating this one to death, for myself, and have come back to the Invidia as the only good solution. I was planning to pull the trigger but I just got very busy with work, and haven't gotten to it. I liked what I was reading for the new Corsa exhaust, until I heard that it subject to some drone, especially with HFC, and that it's on the loud side of quiet. Maybe you can check it out if I get it, or vice versa if you do something.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 07:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the X-force catted dump back exhaust. Its not much louder than stock and its making the same power as cars without cats and other brand name exhausts with bold ons and tune. It came recommended from a few shops when i was in the same boat as you.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
HKS Legamax

Old Feb 5, 2016, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

Has anyone ever tried Road Race Engineering's sideways dual exit muffler. Looks very inexpensive and could be the option I'm looking for.
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/rreexhaust.htm
Old Feb 5, 2016, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
It looks like the Sidways one uses a Magnaflow muffler. I have the actual Magnaflow catback and it's pretty quiet. I do run a test pipe so it's louder than if you were to run it with a HFC. They are good exhausts.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
So to be fair what is the point of buying a super quiet catback exhaust I mean really just keep the factory one and replace the cat and that should free up a few ponies.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that the stock exhaust was a restriction and therefor a good source to extract power. I have two little ones and when they are in the car I don't want to expose them to the extra db produced by your typical catback. Don't get me wrong. If I had the choice I would get a nice quality sounding exhaust for my Evo but I just don't want to subject my kids to that.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoOtto
Has anyone ever tried Road Race Engineering's sideways dual exit muffler. Looks very inexpensive and could be the option I'm looking for.
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/rreexhaust.htm
I have been searching for quiet exhaust too, since my kid riding with me most of times. I have read their exhaust system and seems everyone very happy with their exhaust systems. I like their single exhaust.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoOtto
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that the stock exhaust was a restriction and therefor a good source to extract power. I have two little ones and when they are in the car I don't want to expose them to the extra db produced by your typical catback. Don't get me wrong. If I had the choice I would get a nice quality sounding exhaust for my Evo but I just don't want to subject my kids to that.
on the stock turbo you will free up power from intake, UICP, 3port boost solenoid, downpipe+test pipe, and tune..the difference on the catback section will be very negligible if youre very concerned about the DB levels
Old Feb 5, 2016, 08:00 AM

I have been doing the same search too. However, i am leaning towards jdm exhaust for a quiet catback.

These are the ones i am considering within my budget

Fujisubo authorize r
Gp sport exasevotune
Kakimoto n1+rev

You can hear the clips on youtube
Old Feb 5, 2016, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
I thought the exhaust for the 2014 + was supposed to be a bit different from previous years with more flow? Not sure what gains you will get from an exhaust to be honest unless super aggressive.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Right changing out the catback will be a negligible difference and not worth spending the money. Buy something else to help improve performance and skip the exhaust. And yea I am pretty sure the 2014 and up were re worked from the previous years from what ive read on here anyways.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 03:23 PM

I just switched from the MAP 3" single exit with the magnaflow muffer (fairly loud) to the MXP sp exhaust. I couldn't be happier. I dd my car 70 miles round trip and the single exit was very droney on the highways. Now that I have the MXP on I can actually hear my radio with out blasting it. FYI I also had the perrin exhaust when I first got my car and Id say the MXP is quieter than the perrin.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by powerman00
I just switched from the MAP 3" single exit with the magnaflow muffer (fairly loud) to the MXP sp exhaust. I couldn't be happier. I dd my car 70 miles round trip and the single exit was very droney on the highways. Now that I have the MXP on I can actually hear my radio with out blasting it. FYI I also had the perrin exhaust when I first got my car and Id say the MXP is quieter than the perrin.
Did yours has resonator?

Quick Reply: Looking for a very quiet cutback exhaust