Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

leasing 2015 evo x

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leasing 2015 evo x

Just wanted everyone's opinions on here. So I am about to lease a 2015 evo x gsr and was wondering if anyone sold their evo to carmax or any dealership and came out on top with extra money? Just curious. Any opinions on financing an evo and then just selling it to a dealership after 1 year if i get tired of it and want something new?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Carmax business model = hope for desperate person, lowball them, then sell the car for what it is worth.

You would be better off selling privately. Leasing is a decent option if you don't know if you want it longterm and can stay under the mileage restrictions. Good luck!
Old Feb 18, 2016, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I leased mine and at a year i was thinking about getting rid of it and its not the easiest thing in the world. There are ways but i decided to keep mine and i would have to say i think i would have regret it and better off not losing your ***. If i were to do it again or if your having doubt maybe do bigger payments and less months on the lease some dealers id call for trade in almost **** theyre pants when i told them how many months i had and they would run there number and wouldnt even call back. Good luck
Old Feb 19, 2016, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Carmax will lowball the crap out of you. They're in business to make money. If you want to get rid of the car in a year, you will loose money wether you buy it or lease it, so be prepared. Obviously, that's the case with every new car.