Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Need help, intake problem?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help, intake problem?

okay guys, i need some help. Installed the ETS intake on my X and this weekend i did a hard pull on it. i heard, i wanna say like a loud pop, maybe like a seal or something broke. so now every time my intake sucks in air, it will sound fine until i get to the higher RPMS, then it sounds like its suck in way too much air. i tried taking the intake apart and reinstalling, everything seemed fine. i. need. help...
FYI, car is pretty much new, only 5k miles on it and only mod i have on it. no tune.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Do you have a wideband/boost gauge? I am assuming no since you said no other mods/tune.

Also, I had the ETS intake and the rushing air noise was very loud. Could be normal and you're just not used to it.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I would check all your piping. From the Intake -> Turbo coupler, to the UICP and LICP. Its very possible a clamp wasn't tight enough and hose just popped off. I would do this soon, you don't want to be sucking in sh*t thats not filtered/metered.