Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

NEW Evo X FE or Used Evo X GSR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Other than the seats I like the FE. I was also debating between a FE or used GSR but the idea of having a brand new car sits better with me. I've always bought used and had 2 used 08' GSR's previously so I think a new Evo has been a long time coming for me.
I am looking at the Diamond White as well, I just hope its not a hassle to get the aero kit painted properly at the dealer. All kits I have seen are painted WW. I think a forum member here got it changed at no cost (how it should be)
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Endi
okay perfect. I was just worried because it really looked creamy with the picture I saw. Ill most likely be going with the FE at this point (if it isn't sold in my location within the next 2 months).

and aswell, I think FE's should have been the normal GSR's.

(in my opinion) The FE should at least come with around 350 HP, some upgraded carbon pieces, better seats (not a huge issue to me), FE Exclusive shift knob(not just stitching), etc.
trust me you won't have a problem finding one. My local dealer has 30+ of them and a lot of them are marked down from MSRP
Old Mar 4, 2016, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
FE if you can get it below MSRP.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlexDRS94
trust me you won't have a problem finding one. My local dealer has 30+ of them and a lot of them are marked down from MSRP
Kendall Mitsubishi has 21 of them. I haven't seen any move from the lot. They are marked above msrp. They better fix that if they ever want to sell one
Old Mar 5, 2016, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
There's a lot of good advice here. As others have stated, buying a used evo is hit or miss.

I chose a new FE and I'm extremely happy with my purchase! I did swap over my recaros from my trade in though. You won't need to do much if any suspension work because it's already pretty good with Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs.

In my mind, it's the best USDM Evo X ever made. It has the best of the MR combined with the well proven transmission of the GSR. Just in case you haven't found it, here's a link that compares the models: http://www.mitsubishicars.com/lancer...specifications

I think they will hold their value better than a GSR (they are a higher trim and more rare), but probably not by a ton.

Remember, this is probably the last time for all of us to buy a new evo.

I would definitely go for the aero kit too if you can:

Last edited by TurboTJ; Mar 5, 2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

if you buy used, you will feel way better if you know the previous owner and how they treated it...like if you buy mine
Old Mar 8, 2016, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
New is better because you can modify it however you want and you know the history of the car where as if you buy it used you don't.

IS NEW

Old Mar 8, 2016, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Poor FE ^
Old Mar 10, 2016, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by elkazX
if you buy used, you will feel way better if you know the previous owner and how they treated it...like if you buy mine

yea man!!!!
not like my neighbor who let his dog test drive it into saylorville lake!
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Endi
yea man!!!!
not like my neighbor who let his dog test drive it into saylorville lake!
wait...who drove their car into saylorville?! wow lmao that's sad..

but on the serious note if I do decide to sell and youre still looking then mine will be perfect for you, will be done with what im doing now by mid april or so just before wekfest Chicago and we can meet up when its finished and just hang out haven't seen you in a while.
The following users liked this post:
jmart37 (Dec 27, 2017)
Old Mar 10, 2016, 05:29 PM

I believe you should opt for a new FE. This will be your only chance to buy a virgin EVO! Good luck and keep us posted on what you end up doing!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was in the same situation as you, i got lured in to a brand new phantom black FE and just realized i wasnt as excited about it as i was to an 08 SSS. To make things worst, the salesman kept pushing me to buying it which i didnt like, kept forcing me to make a phone call home to talk with my significant other and get a go ahead to purchase the car. At the end of the day, he tried to make me lease the car at the same price i was gonna pay to own a car so i ended up with a pristine 08 GSR SSS with all dealer records and carfax records and 1 owner from another dealer down the street lol
Old Mar 13, 2016, 05:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by xl1lxbustax
i was in the same situation as you, i got lured in to a brand new phantom black FE and just realized i wasnt as excited about it as i was to an 08 SSS. To make things worst, the salesman kept pushing me to buying it which i didnt like, kept forcing me to make a phone call home to talk with my significant other and get a go ahead to purchase the car. At the end of the day, he tried to make me lease the car at the same price i was gonna pay to own a car so i ended up with a pristine 08 GSR SSS with all dealer records and carfax records and 1 owner from another dealer down the street lol
Man I hate when sales people are pushy like that. I'm all for helping if you have questions, but don't try to make me buy something I'm not sure I want!

With that said, the guy must have been pushing a regular 2015 if it was in Phantom Black, as the FE doesn't come in that color. They only come in White, Red, Blue, and Mercury Gray.