Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X BBS MR wheels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2016, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Evo X BBS MR wheels

I purchased some Evo X BBS MR wheels yesterday and I have a few questions. I have a 2011 Evo X GSR and I believe the answer is yes but will the stock GSR lug nuts work with the Evo X BBS MR wheels? If not, what should I get? Is there anything else I should be aware of in terms of compatibility with my GSR?

The BBS MR wheels did not come with the TPMS sensors. I have see several threads about turning the TPMS indicator light off in the ECU, people have bought new TPMS, etc. If there is an easy way to disable the TPMS indicator light, at least temporarily, I'd be interested in that. I think Tephra had some method and there were others out there as well and I'm not sure what's the best bet these days.

If there is not a reliable way to disable the TPMS warning, what sort of TPMS sensors have people had success with? Would I have to get them reprogrammed every time by Mitsubishi when I swap wheels or is there a unit that you can purchase to do this? Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by mar387
I purchased some Evo X BBS MR wheels yesterday and I have a few questions. I have a 2011 Evo X GSR and I believe the answer is yes but will the stock GSR lug nuts work with the Evo X BBS MR wheels? If not, what should I get? Is there anything else I should be aware of in terms of compatibility with my GSR?

The BBS MR wheels did not come with the TPMS sensors. I have see several threads about turning the TPMS indicator light off in the ECU, people have bought new TPMS, etc. If there is an easy way to disable the TPMS indicator light, at least temporarily, I'd be interested in that. I think Tephra had some method and there were others out there as well and I'm not sure what's the best bet these days.

If there is not a reliable way to disable the TPMS warning, what sort of TPMS sensors have people had success with? Would I have to get them reprogrammed every time by Mitsubishi when I swap wheels or is there a unit that you can purchase to do this? Thanks.
yes you can use the same lugnuts, as a matter of fact I believe you have to.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bad thing about the wheels is you can only use the OE lugs and the little ball on the front is cheap and always breaks off at least on mine.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mar387
I looked into this too. Someone on the forums has a way of programming the new TPMS sensors to clone your current ones. That way, you can just swap rims/tires without the ECU even knowing they are different. I think this is it: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...your-dash.html
Old Mar 6, 2016, 12:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can use the Ralliart fluted wheel locks if you want more style. I have them on my MR.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evo x mr,gsr.will fit pattern 5x11.43.Wheel sensor should work as long is not broken.