Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Help picking up some recaros

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Help picking up some recaros

So, I want to pick up some recaro seats this coming weekend. But the only vehicle I have is the evo, do you think it would be possible to fold the recaros all the way back so they're almost flat. And then lay them on top of the passenger seat if it's tilted all the way back?

Would 3 seats lay stacked up like that? I don't care how "safe" or "secure" it's going to be. I just want to know if it will fit and be possible.

I found a set of mint condition cloth fronts that I NEEEEEEED.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Put new Recaros in -

Leave your 2015 seats on the curb for the buzzards.

Drive home.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Having fairly recently rented a vehicle to drive 23 hours (round trip) to pick up my Recaro seats, I would be a little hesitant to try stuffing them both in your car without potentially damaging them/something due to the hardware on the bottom of the seats.

They do recline back fairly flat, so I suppose that you could stack them, but I ended up renting a larger vehicle and was very happy with my decision (although it cost money to rent it obviously).

If I had to guess, I would say that you could probably fit them both, but I didn't want to drive that far just to realize that I was wrong!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I fit them in a 2001 Acura TL. I fully reclined the tl passenger seat
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Well, seeing as I'm only 24, rental rates kinda suck for me. And trust me, if I got there and they didn't fit, Id sit there and swap the seats on out the spot, airbag warning light or not.

It's about 4 hour drive, and I actually have to go pick somebody up from the airport this weekend and was gonna drive the extra 30 mins to go grab these seats while I'm there.

My girlfriend has an 01 Camry, but I'm not sure if the rear seats fold down to open the trunk, it's not a hatchback so I kinda doubt it but was gonna check tonight just in case.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

I just noticed something that I missed before. I am almost positive that you couldn't stack all 3 seats (your reclined 2015, plus the 2 Recaro). You would definitely need one of the Recaros in the back.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It should be doable without using the trunk
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo>PS4?
... And trust me, if I got there and they didn't fit, Id sit there and swap the seats on out the spot, airbag warning light or not...
Well if this is the case, I'm assuming you'd be ok just leaving your stock seats on the side of the road. Might as well bring along the tools to do the swap just in case! You'll want stuff to remove the belt buckle, and swap the weight sensors over.

If you do end up leaving your stock seats, make sure you take the buckles and weight sensors off them before you do!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

OMG! I just realized what I could do! I can take out the passenger seat, and then put the two recaros there. And my girlfriend can sit in the back seat on the way home from the airport!! yesss XD

edit: she's gonna be pissed
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Lol sounds like you have a plan. If you want to avoid taking a trip to the dealership to clear the airbag code, you should probably get a resistor to keep the airbag light off while you're driving with no passenger seat!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

It's a 2 ohm resistor right? If the camry seats don't fold down then I'll start looking for a resister and start taking the seat out.
Although, I need to confirm with the seller about this weekend before I get too excited....
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

I'd have to double check the thread, but yes, I'm 99% sure it's a 2 ohm resistor.. and it's probably a good idea to confirm this weekend before you get too far ahead of yourself lol.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Is $1400 too much for a set of leather heated recaros from an MR?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo>PS4?
Is $1400 too much for a set of leather heated recaros from an MR?
I think that's about right for the front only, and even if they were asking more, a question like this really comes down to if YOU think it's worth it personally. I paid $900 for my cloth, which typically sell for $1k, and probably would have done $1400 for leather if they were in good condition.

Edit:
Down the road, if you plan on looking for the rear seats, I think those go for $350-$450ish for leather.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Yea, to me it seems worth it. Especially since they look super clean, I mean I'll look them over when I go to get them. No way am I spending my performance parts money on seats unless they're a good set.

Quick Reply: Help picking up some recaros