Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.
View Poll Results: Are you Interested?
Hell Yea!
72.73%
Why Would I Want This?
27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Evo X Hitch - Project

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PriusRepellent
The idea is good, but its really not about the weight or whatever that you are pulling.

To be honest I feel like just based off of personality, most people who drive evos wont EVER have the need to tow something. And if they do, it would probably be easier to rent a truck or have a friend who has a truck help you out.
Its just that the chances of using it a lot...aren't much really, so people would probably opt out.

Not trying to put you down or anything! don't get me wrong.
This is for track day use (tires, gas, tools), and other lightweight things (and mountain bikes, kayak) and other things that can't or you don't want to go or fit on the roof.

Renting a truck (not sure who would drive) every time you head out for the track isn't practical (to be polite).
Old May 23, 2016, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

That being said, I want one!
Old May 24, 2016, 08:19 AM

Hello Evo Friends, so the day has finally come. The hitch has been completed and used for a few weeks now. Please take a look at the pictures attached and enjoy. I am working up the final touches and drawings. There are some tweaks I would like to make and they will be incorporated into the final design.

The following users liked this post:
acas (May 27, 2016)
Old May 26, 2016, 09:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sub'd for updates! Looks great!
Old May 27, 2016, 11:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
looks awesome, what are the tweaks you wanna make? have you come up with a price yet if you were to make more, i know i would be interested in 2 of them if the price was rite,
Old Sep 17, 2016, 07:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
any update to this hitch project? price if you were gonna make more? what changes do you wanna make?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In your initial 3D rendering, you had a vertical pinned receiver that led down to a 90 degree bend and another pinned receiver. In the final design, you skipped the 2nd receiver and just went with a ball arm design that included the 90 degree bend.

I would use this with a bike rack, so I would need that 2nd receiver and 90 degree bend as per your original plans. Is this something you're now building and selling? I would buy this.

Yes I know I just signed up, but I've been a member on EvoXForums for more than a year under the same handle. Please let me know if you'd be willing to build and sell this to me per your original design.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 09:43 AM

This turned out really well good job! Keep us posted on plans to make more / sell them.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Nice job. Not sure why every time a hitch thread comes up, you get all the neysayers turning up.

But I think I'd add some reinforcement around the 45-ish degree weld with the bent square tube. Seems like it could be a weak point for heavier tongue weights.

Edit: On second look, this is probably something you bought, so I'd imagine they build this to a Class 1 spec.

Last edited by fafaforza; Oct 12, 2016 at 05:07 PM.