Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Nissan buy$ Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nissan buy$ Mitsubishi

http://jalopnik.com/nissan-will-take...ors-1776219367

I came across this news today concerning our car manufacturer. It would be nice to see the GTR share some tech with the Evo in the future. I like this alliance, because both manufacturers make great cars, and sharing can lead to greater cars... But, Mitsu owes like a billion dollars because of the scandal lol. So, yeah not sure if new Evo is even a thought for Mitsu anymore for a longer time.
Old May 12, 2016, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 92 Likes on 77 Posts
I'm okay with this, as long as Mr. Ghosn doesn't put fake engine sound in the revived Eclipse, Evo, and 3000GT to enhance Mitsubishi owners' "acceleration experience."
Old May 12, 2016, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Oh looky....

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lo...itsubishi.html
Old May 12, 2016, 06:48 PM

As long as they don't make a "Automatic only" Evo!
Old May 12, 2016, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm a fan of Datsun/Nissan/Infiniti. Perhaps they'll inject some smoothness and sportiness into the Mitsu line up.
Old May 12, 2016, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
The Leafvo ........ coming to a dealership near you.
Old May 12, 2016, 08:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They could use a 4 door VR38DETT powered beast

Mitsubishi was dive bombing harder than the Kamikaze pilots on Pearl Harbor. Glad to see someone else take the reigns. Hopefully they revive a dying brand.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This should be more of a good thing than a bad thing, people love their sports cars from mitsubishi but hated the people running the brand for the past couple years. Most likely the partnership will bring some more eco boxes but then we will see some performance stuff and maybe an Evo XI some Evo/GTR crossover, or something small and rwd from nissan/mitsu to go against ft86 would be awesome.. and that's what I can't wait for. Also kind of glad that there won't be a name change or anything. ftw
Old May 13, 2016, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope this is a good thing and Nissan's intent is to help Mitsubishi in some sort of way. This comes at a time where Mitsubishi's stock plummeted to half after they announced the MPG scam in Japan, so this might be a move to save the company.
I just hope Nissan doesn't come in and just pillage Mitsubishi's R&D(what little they do have) and then turn around and dump them. I didn't watch the video yet, but I am curious to know why Nissan bought into Mitsubishi and how much sharing of tech and knowledge they will do.
Old May 15, 2016, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

funny how nissan blows the cover on mitsubishi emission testing then buy stakes in the company
Old May 16, 2016, 09:40 AM

Apparently Mitsu is still decent in Asian markets. Of course they have vehicles that we dont get, for reasons.

But whatever, Mitsu has only made a handful of cars worth anything, and none of those are even reliable. We never got the best stuff they made anyway; Evo V and Evo VI.

Also an Evo with Nissan design language and their love of auto/CVT, LOL.
Old May 16, 2016, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FaceMe
Apparently Mitsu is still decent in Asian markets. Of course they have vehicles that we dont get, for reasons.

But whatever, Mitsu has only made a handful of cars worth anything, and none of those are even reliable. We never got the best stuff they made anyway; Evo V and Evo VI.

Also an Evo with Nissan design language and their love of auto/CVT, LOL.
Well, hate to break it to ya, lot's of companies are going to CVT's, especially for their economy cars. I can only think of Subaru using the CVT for the WRX, which I've heard isn't that bad. If Mitsubishi ever brings back the Evo/Ralliart I would think an updated Twin Clutch system would be added, maybe even borrowed from GT-R?
No one can tell how intrusive Nissan will be with Mitsubishi, though I'm sure they will be after getting tainted stuff from them. Maybe, and hopefully, this deal will give Mitsubishi the money supply to do more R&D. I just think the one thing Mitsubishi is lagging is in MPG and interior quality more so than ride and looks, imo.
Old May 17, 2016, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, the possibility of a true "baby Evo"... Keep the dream alive.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:56 AM

Do you guys honestly think Nissan will keep Mitsu North America around?

From what I understand, Nissan bought their stake to acquire a market share Mitsubishi has in South Asia.. Mitsubishi might be doomed here in America.
Old May 17, 2016, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
why is there another thread? its already posted above.

Quick Reply: Nissan buy$ Mitsubishi