Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Suggestions for new rims? Springs? Tires?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions for new rims? Springs? Tires?

Hey guys. Noob here. Been thinking about getting some new shoes for my 13' WW Evo X. Contemplating on going with eibach springs and maybe bronze rpf1's. Though I want to go with an aggressive look (with some beefy tires), I want to avoid having to roll my fenders. A few questions for everyone,

What is the lowest offset I can go without rolling my fenders?
Tire size?
Reviews on eibach springs?

Since RPF1s are very common for evo owners, I'm certainly open to suggestions on what wheels to get.

Thanks and don't bash on me too hard fellas #noob
Old May 13, 2016, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey man,

First thought that comes to mind is don't do black rims. Everyone does that and I think bronze would look good. Rpf1's have been done and done. However, if that is what you want go for it.

Your budget is going to determine what options we can chose from.

If it was me, I would suggest saving up your money and getting a really good set of coilovers and avoid springs. You can get some Ohlins for 2500.00 Enjoy the new coilovers for awhile and save for some wheels. You'll have more options to choose from than you would if you were on springs.

That's just me and from what I have learned with my past two cars. Do it right the first time ya know...
Old May 13, 2016, 11:35 AM

Yeah I'm trying to stay away from the black on white look. they are too common. budget rn is around 3k.
Old May 13, 2016, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
If you're really on a budget and want to have some room to spend I'd say go with some XXR wheels. If it's not a bother to you and don't care what others say, do it. If you really must, buy the RPF1's and be like every other white Evo. I stayed with my stockers until I had enough to buy my RSO5RR. Now I'm just waiting for my tires to arrive.

Tires, you can go with RE-71r, RS3 or nto5...

For suspension I'd get Apexi Exv coils... perfect coils on a budget! If that's too much check out H&R sport springs.

Oh and welcome to the forum
Old May 13, 2016, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the input! Also, huge fan of the RSO5RR (post pics once you get them installed !!!). That's bad thing about RPF1's, everyone has them. If i were to buy them, would powder coat them a metallic teal. don't see many RPF1's in that color.